McClain's RSM 130D

McClain75

and another dumb question... I check my salinity a few times per week and switch my ato between a 1.026 mix and a plain RO/DI mix. Is it normal to lose some salinity, say down to 1.024 over a week due to small amounts of salt creep and skimmer changes?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
That's possible.I would not worry about switching between salt water and RO/DI during the week, just leave it on the RO/DI and check it before your water changes. If you find your tank water low in salinity just mix your change saltwater to a bit higher salinity to correct for it. I check the salinity of my water change water to verify it is 1.026 but only check the salinity of my tank water every few months.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Not a problem at all to leave it in but make sure you clean it soon or it will get blocked and starve that pump.

McClain75

Got a new camera today so i'm experimenting with one of the lenses.

dsc00092x.jpg

What do you guys think?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
;) a cool free little app called EXIF Viewer you can right click on pics & see :dance:

Date Time Original 2013:05:15 20:26:18
Exposure Time 1/125
F Number f / 5.60
Exposure Program Not defined
ISO Speed Ratings 3200
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 300mm
Make NIKON CORPORATION
Model NIKON D3200

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
sidebar - if you ever want me to rename your tank thread... to like McClain's RSM 130D or whatever... just let me know & I will make it happen :)

;) a cool free little app called EXIF Viewer you can right click on pics & see :dance:

Date Time Original 2013:05:15 20:26:18
Exposure Time 1/125
F Number f / 5.60
Exposure Program Not defined
ISO Speed Ratings 3200
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 300mm
Make NIKON CORPORATION
Model NIKON D3200

That's soo cool! Will you do that on the pic of my "Snakeskin" chalice??

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
looking at the time, I would say... Cheers Mate - Brilliant pic ;) bet I could fill in your Location: ;)

Thread name changed :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That's soo cool! Will you do that on the pic of my "Snakeskin" chalice??

sorry - There is no EXIF data on this pic ^ - if the pic is ever opened if Photoshop or Lighthouse or any post processor, it loses the exif info

McClain75

Very nice RSM! I love the rock stack, Bravo!

Thanks for the comments. The aquascape is working out really well. It has needed supplemental flow due to dead spots but i think i have it down now. Will replace the Tunze with a VorTech either MP-10 or MP-20, im not sure which one i would need now.

Thanks for the comments. The aquascape is working out really well. It has needed supplemental flow due to dead spots but i think i have it down now. Will replace the Tunze with a VorTech either MP-10 or MP-20, im not sure which one i would need now.

I've had great results with MP-10's in these tanks

McClain75

excellent! Well ill be taking more pictures on friday after i take care of a 20% water change and do some glass cleaning!! Might have an update too...

McClain75

So whilst im trying to reduce the size of my photos. Photoshop? Costs a lot of cash but oh well.... Here is a video that i took. Best Viewed in 1080p!

[video=youtube;wgm5l7vZwrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgm5l7vZwrk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is my Full Tank Video from Today!

McClain75

Quick teaser! Now these might not be very good to people but this is my first ever camera (Other than those on a phone) and my first time taking anything that can be even closely considered a serious photograph. So i hope its ok! Any tips anyone has got for me will be really appreciated.

bluesympodiumcloseup165.jpg

More to come!

Lipman

only tip i have with my DSLR and and tank is to set it to Manual Focus. I find it has a hard time focusing on what i actually want when set to Auto.. When you have manual focus on you chose what is in focus :).
Loving the images and videos. Your tank is beautiful!