Mayja's 90 Gallon Reef Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokalosh

Great thread Mayja, and your tank is coming along nicely.

I'm looking forward to seeing this develop over time, keep up with the great videos.

Tok

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I had just posted a massive update with coral growth comparisons and of course this was one of the posts that was forever lost. /sigh Here we go (again):

Mushroom:
April
IMG_1372.jpg

June
IMG_1508.jpg

September
IMG_2140.jpg

Candy Canes:
June
IMG_1506.jpg

September
e85a1fb8-ea80-46f1-89bc-5393d16729c1.jpg

Orange/Purple Zoas:
June
97a59c7f-a3bd-4e62-9c0c-ee2e6b88d0ac.jpg

September
IMG_2087.jpg

Purple Anthelia:
August
IMG_20130730_175555.jpg

September
IMG_2122.jpg

Lobos:
April
IMG_1439.jpg

June
IMG_1555.jpg

September
IMG_2103.jpg

Sinularia Leather:
April
IMG_1425.jpg

June
IMG_1556.jpg

September
IMG_2146.jpg

Hammer:
April
IMG_1432.jpg

June
IMG_1523.jpg

September
IMG_2094.jpg

Torch:
September
IMG_2165.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Great growth! Over how long of a period between the comparison shots?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I had just posted a massive update with coral growth comparisons and of course this was one of the posts that was forever lost. /sigh Here we go (again):

Lobos:
April
IMG_1439.jpg

My lobo looks just like this and always has, what did you do to get it to plump up so much?

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Once a week, I feed the corals Reef Chili from BRS. It comes with its own squeeze bottle and I just blast each one with the stuff. Any leftovers are eaten by the fish. It just loves it!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Oh thanks! The one in the foreground is my hammer and the one in the back is the frogspawn. That frogspawn was near death a month ago. That's almost all new regrowth. It was shedding limbs and I thought for sure I was going to lose it, but it rebounded. Still don't know what caused it.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I asked the LFS who sold me my jawfish if they'll be getting any royal gramma basslets (RGB) in soon. They said that they would order me one with their next shipment (this conversation was before I purchased the jawfish). I was originally going to go with the RGB before the jawfish. Anyways, I found out that when the shipment arrived, the little guy was DOA. Awwww :( I picked up the jawfish instead.

So, they ordered me another one. I've been waiting for him to arrive. They called me today and this one was also DOA! Is someone trying to tell me not to have an RGB?

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
:crowd: My tank is 8 months old today! I have some new frags coming in the mail today, so I'll post a new FT shot once they're in place. :crowd:

Blue Space

So, they ordered me another one. I've been waiting for him to arrive. They called me today and this one was also DOA! Is someone trying to tell me not to have an RGB?

Don't stop belie-e-vin'... sry couldn't resist. Third time's a charm.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I gave up on the LFS who had 2 Royal Grammas show up DOA. They said they would order me another one, but then I never heard from them, even after I called to inquire! Whatever.

This weekend, there was a customer appreciation sale at another LFS and he had a small RGB for me... that, and a new devil's hand leather! I acclimated them on Saturday and I'm getting the leather used to my MH's. The RGB is so cute, and ballsy! That fish has some attitude for being so small. He even chased my chromis and banggai away! Impressive little bugger.

I know... pics are coming!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Here are the pics, as promised:

The new Devil's Hand Leather:
IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

My new Royal Gramma Basslet and Dragon Eye Zoas:
IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg