Mayja's 90 Gallon Reef Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry for your losses Mayja! Things that happen when we are trying to do our best in this hobby really can suck :frown:
Hope the rest of your tank transfer takes a happier route :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Pat24601

Sorry for your losses Mayja! Things that happen when we are trying to do our best in this hobby really can suck :frown:
Hope the rest of your tank transfer takes a happier route :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

This is well said. You put your heart and soul in this hobby and nonsense like that happens. Nothing to do about it but move forward, but it's not fair.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
/sigh

I just can't seem to win. I lost my green chromis last night. I noticed in the morning that he was breathing heavier than normal and was hanging out behind the pvc pipe in the tank. He was actually the one fish I expected to lose during this move because he wigged out the most when I captured him and put him in the bucket for transport.

So, I'm down to my two clowns. Ironically, they were my first two inhabitants of the tank and they will be the first two in the new tank.They look healthy and active, and they're eating very well. I lost my hammer when the other tank drained out, but the leather is still holding on. Same with my mushrooms, ricordea and zoas.

Now for the good news: I will FINALLY be scheduling the delivery of my new Red Sea Reefer Series 450 today!

And, I already have a potential buyer for my 90g.

Pat24601

:(

Well, I thought it was all downhill after that tank clean out. Sorry to hear things are so rocky. At some point, it will get better...

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank restarts and do over's are a tricky business and I feel your pain in losing some friends during the course of it, I know that it happened to me!

Good news about the tank though :D Things are about to get fun!! :bounce:

Pat24601

What kind of tanks did you set up as holding tanks while doing the restart? I'm trying to think through what I would need to set up if I end up doing a restart. I'm not planning on it, but thinking ahead just in case.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
What kind of tanks did you set up as holding tanks while doing the restart? I'm trying to think through what I would need to set up if I end up doing a restart. I'm not planning on it, but thinking ahead just in case.
Two 10 gallon tanks with led lighting and hob filtration. I picked up two kits from Petco while on sale.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Last night I waved goodbye to my 90g tank, stand and sump. A local new reefer came to pick it up in the midst of that horrible thunderstorm, tornado warnings and all! What a trooper! He was so excited. It's his first tank. I was thrilled to tell him that this was also my first tank and that if he needs ANY newbie help, to come to RS and get some advice! We'll see if he does...

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Last night I waved goodbye to my 90g tank, stand and sump. A local new reefer came to pick it up in the midst of that horrible thunderstorm, tornado warnings and all! What a trooper! He was so excited. It's his first tank. I was thrilled to tell him that this was also my first tank and that if he needs ANY newbie help, to come to RS and get some advice! We'll see if he does...
There's really nothing that can hold an excited reefer back isn't there? haha awesome to hear that you got an excited newbie to get the tank and begin his journey :)

Now to see your new tank come to life :D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:couch:
t1951.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.