Mayja's 90 Gallon Reef Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

StirCrayzy

Kees is awesome, I get out out there to gawk about once a month.
I like the honesty I get there. And that they Date all the fish so you know how long they've been in.

There's lots of stores here on the east side of town, PM me if you want I can recommend a couple more excellent places.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I figured it was finally time to spill the beans as to why I've been so absent as of late on the forums. I feel really bad that I haven't been actively greeting new folks and participating with comments on the progress of others' tanks.

If you've been following my thread, you may have already figured out based on my comments about moving and such that I am going through a divorce (after 15 years of marriage). I found out in late February, and it has been a grueling few months. Needless to say, my tank husbandry has taken a dive. I've lost my torch coral due to neglect; my hammer is not looking well. Neither is my sinularis leather. Boo. It's my fault. I just couldn't take any joy in maintaining my tank as I usually do. I barely got through my water changes and that was just to do the bare minimum to maintain the health of the tank. The tank move was very stressful to the system, and now I'm paying the price with the loss of my tang, and now the loss or possible loss of a few corals.

Now that I'm in my new place and things are beginning to settle down, I can refocus my attention toward my tank. I've been able to maintain the Facebook page and the TOTM posts, but that's about it. And by the way, the tank was NOT the reason for the divorce as I've heard that story before - heh. :smirk:

Hopefully soon I'll also be able to participate more on the forum and revisit all the tanks that I normally follow. I've been reading as much as I can, but I've just had no energy to put in thoughtful responses.
Here's to a new beginning,
Mayja

Snid

Sorry for the hard times. No need for any apologies here. You take good care of yourself first and foremost!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hang in there Mayja! You're a valuable member of this community and we'll help you in any way we can!

Cheers to new beginnings!! :clink:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Mayja I couldn't agree more with the above statements. Stay true to yourself as you come across as a loverly honest person, and deserve better. It's now time to let Mayja just be Mayja and enjoy all the things Mayja wants to enjoy.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
a9uhe4u5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Looks like they're making a full recovery.

3uta7ysa.jpg

9abagy9y.jpg

yjyresys.jpg

ydyjahez.jpg

3a7u8e9a.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I hope everything in life continues to get better for you Mayja
Very BEST WISHES for an
:flower::snshne: AWESOME NEW BEGINNING!:snshne::flower:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Really sorry to hear this Mayja, as everyone else in this fantastic community of tank nerds has said, I wish you the very best in your new place and that things start on the up for you :) If I wasn't thousands of miles away I'd say let me know if you need anything but a 15+ hour plane ride kind of puts me out of doing that lol. It's good to see your corals are coming back and looking really happy and even though you've had some loses and a bit of a down turn, you and the tank will be up and running strong in no time if your history is anything to go by :)

I know I can say this confidently on the behalf of everyone but we're all looking forward to seeing you around more often again and the amazing work you do for us in this wonderful place!! :yup: Best of luck with everything and your new beginning :snshne: :hug1:

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Really sorry to hear this Mayja, as everyone else in this fantastic community of tank nerds has said, I wish you the very best in your new place and that things start on the up for you :) If I wasn't thousands of miles away I'd say let me know if you need anything but a 15+ hour plane ride kind of puts me out of doing that lol. It's good to see your corals are coming back and looking really happy and even though you've had some loses and a bit of a down turn, you and the tank will be up and running strong in no time if your history is anything to go by :)

I know I can say this confidently on the behalf of everyone but we're all looking forward to seeing you around more often again and the amazing work you do for us in this wonderful place!! :yup: Best of luck with everything and your new beginning :snshne: :hug1:

Heh, well, if you ever do make the trek over the big blue, you can always crash here! lol! Thanks for the support - it means a lot.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Heh, well, if you ever do make the trek over the big blue, you can always crash here! lol! Thanks for the support - it means a lot.

Hopefully I will one day soon!! I'd love to see what your fish stores are like compared to ours and to be blown away by the price differences lol
Everyone needs support sometimes and so I just try to do my bit where I can, I'm sure there are lots of other reefers closer (much closer :p) than I am that would help out if need be :) We're always here and being united through such a strong passion makes it incredibly easy to help someone out and get along with them :)

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Hopefully I will one day soon!! I'd love to see what your fish stores are like compared to ours and to be blown away by the price differences lol
Everyone needs support sometimes and so I just try to do my bit where I can, I'm sure there are lots of other reefers closer (much closer :p) than I am that would help out if need be :) We're always here and being united through such a strong passion makes it incredibly easy to help someone out and get along with them :)

Oh yeah. I belong to a group called the Michigan Reefers (I know, sounds like I'm pot-smoking hippie), and they would help out if I asked for it. I belong to a sub-group called the Downriver Reef Club and they're a great group of guys too.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Oh yeah. I belong to a group called the Michigan Reefers (I know, sounds like I'm pot-smoking hippie), and they would help out if I asked for it. I belong to a sub-group called the Downriver Reef Club and they're a great group of guys too.
That's good to know :) do people look at you weird when you say that people you are friends with just through the mutual interest of marine aquaria would go out of their way to help you or vice versa? They do when I say it, especially when I tell them that I went on an interstate trip just to visit fish stores with a mate who I met because I helped out with his tank having only ever met him once before that to sell him something :laughroll we're a strange bunch but an amazing bunch and I love it!! Lol

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
That's good to know :) do people look at you weird when you say that people you are friends with just through the mutual interest of marine aquaria would go out of their way to help you or vice versa? They do when I say it, especially when I tell them that I went on an interstate trip just to visit fish stores with a mate who I met because I helped out with his tank having only ever met him once before that to sell him something :laughroll we're a strange bunch but an amazing bunch and I love it!! Lol

Absolutely! We also have frag swaps and that's a great way to connect in a public setting so it's not so strange later.

Most people who know me know that I have a second life online. So, going out to meet someone I've never met in person is not uncommon for me. I've met many lifelong friends that way. Heck, I met my husband that way! Oh well.

StirCrayzy

Sorry to hear about the turn of events in your life.Glad you have some support!
Friends can help immensely, even if just in conversation.

My buddy stopped by fish factory, and said it was pretty slim Pickens, and it looked like they weren't quite ready to be open...
So I skipped the trip.

Hope you have a good summer of starting over!

Paul Taylor

Well I should have been starting my own reef chronicle tonight but I've spent the last few hours reading the highs and lows of your tank progress, Mayja. It's been a great read, thank you for sharing your experiences! (It's 2am now, I ought to go to bed!)

Choff

You home yet? How did you make out with transporting the frags?

...stupid auto correct

Status
Not open for further replies.