Maxreefer's Elos System120 build....

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sorry - just relaized that my conversation has turned into a total hijacking of your thread.......I started a new one - sorry MaxReefer!!!

MAXreefer

I did some PAR readings today with an Apogee MQ200.
The LED's are about 3" above the water level and 9" above the highest LR in the tank.
I kept the Wavebox and the MP40 to keep the "normal" environment in the tank while measuring.
Without those running the numbers should be higher.

FRONT
web.jpg

BACK
web.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Very interesting. I would love to see what 2-250 halides would give your tank. It would be great to find out which corals thrive at which par value and then place in the tank accordingly........good information - do you like your PAR meter?

MAXreefer

Very interesting. I would love to see what 2-250 halides would give your tank. It would be great to find out which corals thrive at which par value and then place in the tank accordingly........good information - do you like your PAR meter?

Thanks buddy.
Note the pictures were taken in the morning with only the blues on. When the whites come on the tank looks more like in the 14k range.
I really like the Apogee. Very easy to use and quality build. Little more expensive as others but worth the money

MAXreefer

Thanks for the NUMBERS! I love seeing how much PAR LED's give! SWEET!!

Thanks...
I really like the LED's are not to powerful like some others you can't run them at full powers or others who are to weak to keep SPS.
I don't think you can associate a particular coral to a particular PAR number but it is nice being able to measure every spot in your tank to see where the low and high light areas in your tank are.
Sometimes you think the higher you place a coral the more light they get which is not always true. It all depends on your rock structure.

MAXreefer

System has been running for 2 months now.
So far I am really pleased.
For now I only have about only 6 smaller LPS and a pair of Snowflake Clowns in the tank. Once I am back in town next week I will add more livestock and post pictures.

I have been feeding the fish and corals quite heavily to see how the Elos Purist Line additives handle this and if the bacteria got established by now . I am quite impressed. Phosphates and Nitrates came down quite well and stay near or at zero. No algae anymore in the tank.

I keep the tank at following levels:
Salinity: 1.026
Alk: 9-10
Calcium: 420-430
Magnesium: 1400 - 1500

web.jpg

MAXreefer

Think it is time to update my thread again with some color....;)
The tank is doing great. The Elos Purist Line is doing a great job. Even with heavy feeding it keeps the nitrates and phosphates down to 0.

Here are some pics. Stll some issues with the camera and the LED's to get great pictures but you get an idea...

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks Zack (Nanofins)
web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks Zack (Nanonfins)
web.jpg

web.jpg

Taken in the evening under the blue LED's
web.jpg

Still need to color up more but I really like my little guys
web.jpg

Still a little camera shy and looks better in real. Thanks SWE
web.jpg

web.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Great looking stuff! Are you by chance using the Elos Omega and Pro Skimmer? I am using them but my softies don't seem to like it :(

Great pics.....any tips on how to get a good pic under LEDs? I can't seem to figure it out.

MAXreefer

Great looking stuff! Are you by chance using the Elos Omega and Pro Skimmer? I am using them but my softies don't seem to like it :(

Great pics.....any tips on how to get a good pic under LEDs? I can't seem to figure it out.

I dose Omega and Pro Skimmer and my softies are doing really good actually but I must say I only dose once a week and way below the recommended dosing.

MAXreefer

A few new shots. Pics are taken only 1 hour after I got them into the tank. All picked up from a local reefer....

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Again, great shots and corals!

As for the omega and pro skimmer, I too only dose now once a week and only 4 drops of each for my 28 gallons!

How about a full tank shot?

MAXreefer

Installed some more equipment to make life easier

Besides the RO/DI storage tank (top) I installed a second one for mixing and storing saltwater. Inside the tank there is a heater and a Maxi-jet for flow. Attached also another Maxi-Jet on the faucet connector to pump the water more quickly to the tank when doing water changes.

web.jpg

The Bubble Magus dosing pump arrived yesterday for dosing 2-part. Now I dose each liquid every 3 hours with the amount needed (You just have to set the total amount needed per DAY and how may times per day you want to dose). Each liquid is dosed at different times.
Tubing is nicely organized into the sump with those handy Avast Marine tubing holders

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

MAXreefer

View from the couch... Best I can do now. Will take pics from the other side this evening when the room is dark and no reflections.

web.jpg

web.jpg