Marty's reef tank

Marty.h

Looks like I've had a result even though the Emperor has munched a few LPS that I have had to remove it turns out he is quite partial to Aptasia as I had quite a few down the back that I could not reach so I borrowed a Majano Wand to get them tonight as there was a lot there but on going to zap them they gone [emoji23] no trace what so ever and not an aptasia in sight

Marty.h

A picture of the Boss

2015-12-11%2023.36.21-1_zpswlwxci6y.jpg

Marty.h

The Emperor has now gone to the brother inlaws 8x3x2 so has plenty of space I'm really gutted as it was a stunning fish but it started eating my SPS corals I was prepared and did remove a lot of LPS to have him but eating my SPS was a step to far I'm gutted but he gone to a good home in a fish only system with no corals.

On the upside I've had a fluid reactor sitting round for a while that I use to run purigen in when I had freshwater with great results so decided to add it to the marine setup to see if it makes any difference it's the blue reactor pictured

20151215_215935_zpspdvn5r1y.jpg

Hopefully I will see some differences over the coming days and weeks :)

Marty.h

It's been a while since the last update so have added a reef bone that's been cycling at my LFS it's hard to get a picture and don't look much at minute as it's white but this does now give me more space for SPS the Christmas inspiration fairy visited !!!

2015-12-28%2021.11.38_zps0kwk2zrp.jpg

BestPhoto_20151228_210434_1_zps5ff5ug3t.jpg

2015-12-28%2021.09.42_zpst6wu7xzk.jpg

It will look much better once there is corals on it.

The lionfish also come over to have a nose

2015-12-28%2021.23.53_zpsa1j2rnv6.jpg

Also tested my water tonight

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-21-49-1_zpsz8hma8y9.png

Screenshot_2015-12-28-19-21-46-1_zpspj58ghji.png

Clint24

Great lookin tank. It progressed very nicely. Makes me kinda jealous that I can't treat myself to the corals as fast as you. [emoji14] I like all the pictures & comparisons of your coral growth. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Great spot for the gorgonian. Mine is being crowded by all the corals growing around it. It is starting to not be so happy. But, I don't have the open area that you do.

Marty.h

Thanks

The gorgonion been in there ages it use to be in the middle and slightly shaded behind the scape but it did start having montipora plate growing up alongside it which was not ideal at least there it now has plenty of room and more lights I will pick some more up at some point as i quite like it.

jpsika08

Marty, went through your whole thread, nice tank! congrats on all the corals and fish stock, out of all your fish the Fuzzy Lionfish is my favorite, I used to have a Volitan Lionfish and I enjoyed him a lot! He was caught in the Atlantic as part of the pest problem, I saved him from the fry pan, lol.

Keep the pics coming.

Marty.h

Thanks for the kind comments it's been a journey.

Checked nitrates again tonight and they have dropped to 1 - 2 ppm so the nopox has finally kicked in :)