Marty's reef tank

Marty.h

Here is a better feeding video just as the food goes in the cleaner wrass soon munches it which is good.

I have also added a pair of fuzzy dwarf lionfish they been at LFS a while and they soon ate mysis when I fed them so they eat frozen well.

They are only small and my cleaner shrimp are twice the size of them at the moment hopefully they will be good and not eat them !!

Here is a picture of one of the pair while at my LFS

20151126_141410-1_zps69gmaftw.jpg

Marty.h

Two fish I have been waiting for have just come into my LFS they manged to get hold of them for me I'm well chuffed they are presently in there QT system.

First up the Jewel Tang

20151127_180955_zps0k6hirhd.jpg

Second a Mystery Wrass

20151127_181016_zps9o04opum.jpg

This is how the mystery wrass will look as it gets older

Mystery%20Wrasse_zpsn9b5xyrv.jpg

Both have fed so that's a good sign :)

Oxylebius

I have also added a pair of fuzzy dwarf lionfish they been at LFS a while and they soon ate mysis when I fed them so they eat frozen well.

They are only small and my cleaner shrimp are twice the size of them at the moment hopefully they will be good and not eat them !!

I'd watch out for those chromis as well. Lions will try to eat pretty much anything from shrimp to fish. And eat items that are bigger then they are.

Marty.h

Thanks for that advice being the dwarf ones they pose a lot less risk then the normal big lionfish they are on probation at the minute and will keep a close eye on them.

A vid of my Sailfin Tang feeding out of my hand

Marty.h

2 new editions got added last night a Jewel Tang and a Mystery Wrass the only fish that showed any agression was the Kole this has now stopped and they have both settled and feeding here is a couple of pictures.

The jewel Tang

Screenshot_2015-12-01-22-18-04-1_zps9muto9lx.png

Screenshot_2015-12-01-22-16-17-1_zpsorzkubzh.png

The Mystery Wrass

Screenshot_2015-12-01-22-15-48-1_zps8tjwuzqu.png

Screenshot_2015-12-01-22-14-43-1-1_zpspuoptccz.png

Oxylebius

I'd watch out for those chromis as well. Lions will try to eat pretty much anything from shrimp to fish. And eat items that are bigger then they are.

Thanks for that advice being the dwarf ones they pose a lot less risk then the normal big lionfish they are on probation at the minute and will keep a close eye on them.

Agree, being a dwarf does pose a little less risk -- to your larger fish. I've had two dwarf lionfish (at separate times) over the past 20 years. The first dwarf got to its adult size and gobbled up my clownfish (which was also adult size). The second dwarf lion at about a year after I had it went after my mated pair of firefish. Even the dwarf lions have big mouths and will try to gobble up fish bigger then them and bigger than can fit in their mouths.

Have plan B for them just in case, since they are very pretty fish.
Good luck.

Marty.h

Some are going to think I'm absolutely mad but I have added an Emperor Angel what a truly stunning fish it came from a system containing LPS and SPS so I'm just hoping that it will remain being a model citizen or I will have to remove the LPS as my system is going mainly the SPS route well here it is and I brace myself for the comments good or bad [emoji15]

2015-12-06%2014.57.21_zpsxqomupfb.jpg

saintsreturn

Tanks like these make me want to setup my 75 now! It's killing me to look at these pictures and not click the buy now button on my shopping cart! Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty.h

Well I had to say bye to the acan island,tracky,favia because of the angel munching but say hello to the SPS island just means I can have more SPS :)

20151208_180436_zpsljcoulc0.jpg

20151208_181300_zps9igvff2u.jpg

I will be adding a few more to the island here is how the tank is looking at the minute I'm quite liking the open sand bed

20151208_1805080_zpsv1a39fqs.jpg

The hammer,duncans ect been fine