Maintenance help: I plan to upgrade to Tunze 9002, anything else I should upgrade?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Re: Maintenance help: I plan to upgrade to Tunze 9002, anything else I should upgrade

I would think that's the correct bulbs Glenn based, on looking at them last night. Just need to be sure to get the correct pin configuration, which I think is straight pin in the 130's?

I remember someone that replaced the 130 type bulbs with Coralife 65W PCS saying that they were a bit tighter to fit into the 130 hood, but not a big problem. I'm not sure if that's the case with all 65W PCs or just the Coralife. Nice to know there are other nice options out there for the 130/130D hoods!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: Maintenance help: I plan to upgrade to Tunze 9002, anything else I should upgrade

I have always believed the stock RSM brand lights are "the best" lights for a stock hood, but Lukarz tank speaks for itself.

Lurkerz

Lukarz - is this the lights you are running - Item #: UVL1035 & Item #: UVL1011?QUOTE]

Yes those are the bulbs i am using. The older FTS shots of my tank were with stock RSM bulbs the TOTM shots are with the new bulbs now the TOTM shots are a bit darker than my tank actually is. IT is a bit brighter and has a purple cast to it. But it is a dramatic difference from the stock bulbs ans so far 1 month in my corals love them. I will take an FTS of my tank with the same camera as my old FTSs and post them in my tank thread tonite when I get home to compare colors.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

1055.gif

also added to RSM 130/130D mod thread... so we can find again

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Lurkerz do these seem to fit sockets just like RSM brands? How long have you been running these?

Very interested & I need to order some bulbs, mine are 6 months old now.

Any negatives to them that you know of?

Thanks,
Glenn

AJimmy419

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the good help and info. Pretty much sitting back and reading all the replies. Learning a lot of good stuff. Thanks again.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

You're welcome! Read all you can here and the other sections of Reef Sanctuary, and you'll learn a lot that will be helpful. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Can anyone think of any negatives to going with these new lights - wanting to order them... I think...

Lurkerz

so far i have run those lights for a month and have had no issues they fit a bit snug on length but not to bad.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

so far i have run those lights for a month and have had no issues they fit a bit snug on length but not to bad.

That's what I had heard about other 65W PCs. But they sure look good! If I was running the stock hood I'd definitely get some.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Qty Item # Description Manufacturer Color Our Price Line Total
1 UVL1011 65W 75-25 14000K Aquablue Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36
1 UVL1035 65W 2-in-1 (Super Actinic/75-25) Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36
Subtotal: $46.72
Sales Tax: $0.00
Ground Shipping: $7.95
TOTAL $54.67

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Did you order them Glenn? It'll be good to get a second opinion, but I think you'll like that combination a lot!

reeferman

tagging along on this one.

AJimmy419

Hello everyone. I remembering talking to someone on another forum that has the RSM 130 and he told me that he ran these lights. Tell me what you think and what info you might have on it, cause I don't know much about anything.

Aquarium Lighting: Arcadia Compact Fluorescent Straight Pin Bulbs

He said he uses 1 white and 1 blue, or he might have said that he uses 2 blue one's, but not sure. He said he uses the 21" ones. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks a lot.