Magnesium is Way too high it is 1900

My Red Sea max 130D 34 gallon tank has all sorts of problems. Parameters: ph-8.2, alk-1.8, calcium-over 500, ammonia-.05, nitrite- .1, nitrate- 20-100, KH-5 degrees, magnesium- 1900
PLEASEEE HEEELLPPP

BobBursek

Re: Magnisiumis Way too high it is 1900

Are you dosing Mg? If not, it is a testing error. High Mg is not an emergency.

jpsika08

Do you have inhabitants in there? or just cycling?

Maybe you'll have to do some water changes to level things up.

Others will jump in and recommend. Good luck.

the simplist thing to do is to leave it let it drop. What a week measure get it down to about 1400 them maintain it there by testing 1x per week if it continues to drop add enought to keep it at 1400 same with your alk stabilty is the key in this game

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If you haven't replaced the Red Sea test kits yet do so. They can be horribly inaccurate. Try Salifert or API or another well known one.

DaveK

In addition, what is the SG in your tank? If that changed, it will effect things like calcium and magnesium.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I "think" I read in another thread that c_h had a bad test kit and is now back on track with a new one. Correct me if I'm wrong c_h.

reefer gladness

First thing I would suggest is re-reading the test instructions and make sure you're following them correctly. If you're still getting these kind of readings then you should get new test kits, Salifert is accurate and easy to use. And take a sample of your water down to the LFS and have them test to doublecheck your own test results.

If you're using the hydrometer that came with the tank toss it in the trash - it's next to useless. Buy a refractometer soon if you don't have one.