Made to order live-rock

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Natural looking overflow covers :) and maybe a background built in sections.

Things I have often considered if they could be made to look somewhat natural. I think a lot of people would want these two items if they could be made to looked natural.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
KOS show them the image I sent to you. That's an idea of what I'm "considering" in my next tank . . .

All man-made stuff :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here they are. I spoke with the guy who made this and he's not doing it anymore but dang it's sweet looking

Ceramic_Plates2.jpg

Ceramic_Plates1.jpg

kospaintball

Well, I went shop to shop today and never found any white. But I started calling around and finally found some. I have to go pick it up in the morning.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well, I went shop to shop today and never found any white. But I started calling around and finally found some. I have to go pick it up in the morning.

Price-wise how does it compare? I wonder how it's "tinted" and if the "tint" is also reef friendly now that I'm thinking about it :dunno:

kospaintball

Info Pacific sea farms uses white for their corraline booster so it is reef safe and I have seen it used in other tanks too.

kospaintball

I went out and bought the white portland today. I actually went to the place where they bag it up and checked out the facility a little bit. Its pretty sweet but uber dusty. I thought my job was dusty but that puts mine to shame. Any ways to make a long story short, I've got the white and grey in the mold, I built in a cave with a tunnel system. Its goin to be marbled. Its got a montipora skeleton style shelf built in too. It should be ready tomorrow about 5 but I'm going to let it sit untill tomorrow night when I get off. I will have pictures up in the next few days

kospaintball

Alright so I've got it out of the mold and got it in water, it is still solid now but it came out great.

As for promised pics -- here they are

First we have the rock in its mold
ThuFeb25143046AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Next is when I'm first getting it out and it has a sand skin
ThuFeb25143038AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Next I have removed most of the sand and you can see its shelf

kospaintball

I will check it tonight to see how much salt has washed out, I've got 4 pieces in the molds right now, I will have those up tomorrow and in the cleaning stage.