Luis' new Red Sea Max C250

lferrero

The Alveopora is doing better. Anyone have any suggestions about placement, food and/or Alveopora health?
Thanks reefers!

lferrero

Hello Friends!
my question today is:
When I perform my weekly water changes (15%) I usually syphon some of the sand.
is it something wrong with syphoning the sand? Would i be removing beneficial bacteria? or Should i only syphon water an detritus over the rocks?

Thanks!

Joeys Tank

Syphoning the sand depends ....

If your sand is looking clean, then I wouldn't see a need for it as long as your CUC contains sand sifters. If; however, you are finding detritus/debris collecting then it would be more beneficial to the tank to clear it up and lose a very small amount of bacteria than to leave it in there.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I don't think it hurts... from time to time I siphon down 1/2" & from time to time I replace some sand, I frequently lose a few table spoons each wc

If you have a dsb (deep sand bed) I would try to not stir it very deep

see what others think...

lferrero

Hello fellow reefers!
an update on my RS Max C250

and an unidentified critter (is there anyone capable of identifying it by this photo?):

Oxylebius

Hard to make out, can you take another photo of it? It looks round and long like a cucumber, but can't tell with that photo.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Love those tomatoe clowns, don't see them too often, they are supposedly very nasty.

lferrero

They are! Those are my oldest. When i change from a 95 Gal. to a 65 Gal. Red Sea Max C250 i have to keep them in the 95 for three month so i can introduce new live stock on the 65, i also change the reef scape on the 95 so they can get a little confuse. After that, i move the clowns to the 65 and it seems that it works! They are leaving peacefully ... for now :clink: