Luis' new Red Sea Max C250

lferrero

Umm didn't thought about that. It's a good idea, Thanks!
Do you have any suggestions? Does the Spin Stream fit directly into the output or do i need an especial conector?

Thanks for all the help!

lferrero

I put a Sicce Syncra "Silent" 3.0 next to the chiller and told my wife that we have to wait two month for the pump to go quieter :D
We'll see what happen then. The Sicce ins not very Silent

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Umm didn't thought about that. It's a good idea, Thanks!
Do you have any suggestions? Does the Spin Stream fit directly into the output or do i need an especial conector?

Thanks for all the help!

I've gone the split loc-line method, which pops right on, but i'm sure spin-stream owners will chime in.
$15/side from bulk reef supply.

P1070530_zps4aec47c2.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Should i go higher or leave this space for corals?
I'd wait...you can always add a little more height later.
Depending on if you do SPS corals that need to be closer to the light source, you may be good with left as is. It looks good to me :thumbup:

whoadude

But, it is a great system, mostly good quality.
Other than the two minos defects, i still waiting for and answer about a pump for the chiller that will fit in the sump.
Never had the answer so I got a Sicce pump 750 gph, put it next to the chiller connected the tube using the chiller kit but not happy with the connection because RS chiller kit is a 5/8 and chiller is a 3/4. Does anyone knows where to find a Insert x Insert Reducing Tubing Adapter from 3/4 to 5/8?

I just installed my chiller tonight and ran into this exact problem. I found the correct adapters at my local home depot!

lferrero

Dis you found a reducer from 3/4 to 5/8 or a 3/4 to 1/2?
The last one is easier to find but i'm not sure if it fits correctly

lferrero

Hello everyone,
before hanging another photo+question i want to thank you all for the good and kind advice, it has been very helpful :craig:

lferrero

Now the question :)
the manager at the pet store suggest me to buy 4 bags of sand. After adding the second one to the aquarium it gave the impression that two was enough. Any thoughts about how many should i use? Thanks!

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
A picture of the aquarium would help :)
Love that Fiji Pink, I bought some of that exact sand.
I'm thinking 60 pounds would do, 40 sounds low.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I used the same sand in the Special Reef Grade and used slightly less than the two 20# bags, maybe 36# in my RSM 250 - this gave me around 2" and works for me...

most say go shallow 1-2" SSB or for a DSB 5"+

lferrero

Ok, i found an online store that has a the adapters (Insert x Insert Reducing Tubing Adapter from 3/4 to 5/8 to connect chiller with the RS chiller kit), i'll say they probably have anything you need in terms of plastic. In case anyone is having the same difficulty looking for reducers etc, the url is:
http://www.usplastic.com

whoadude

Ok, i found an online store that has a the adapters (Insert x Insert Reducing Tubing Adapter from 3/4 to 5/8 to connect chiller with the RS chiller kit), i'll say they probably have anything you need in terms of plastic. In case anyone is having the same difficulty looking for reducers etc, the url is:
http://www.usplastic.com

Do you have an exact link to what you bought?

lferrero

Thanks Mark for the suggestion, i installed one spin-stream on one output. love that thing! Very easy to install
Do you thing i rather go with another one? or should i do something different with the other output?