Luis' new Red Sea Max C250

lferrero

Time for a new Aquarium! :whstlr:
It's Home! And it is time to start documenting the evolution on the blog.
But first i have to figure it out how to post the photos :columbo:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers for starting a tank thread - posting pics is easy once you do one, just load to photobucket, then right click on one & copy the image url - photobucket is free & will host them

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

add it in this image syntax
and they will appear

lferrero

Put some silicone at the bottom of the cabinets. looks white but eventually it will become clear (or so i read on the instructions) :eek:

lferrero

... and yes, the instructions are very scarce so you will spend a lot of time figure it out if what you're doing is correct. it will.
Some minor defects but nothing horrible (i have photos if anyone interested)

lferrero

But, it is a great system, mostly good quality.
Other than the two minos defects, i still waiting for and answer about a pump for the chiller that will fit in the sump.
Never had the answer so I got a Sicce pump 750 gph, put it next to the chiller connected the tube using the chiller kit but not happy with the connection because RS chiller kit is a 5/8 and chiller is a 3/4. Does anyone knows where to find a Insert x Insert Reducing Tubing Adapter from 3/4 to 5/8?

lferrero

The system is very quiet but the Sicce pump is making a lot of noise, it feels like there are bubbles inside. Any ideas?
Thanks!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You can pull the pump and take it apart and make sure the impeller is seated properly.

lferrero

Beginning with the reefscaping, trying to build a lot of hiding places for the fish and terraces for the corals. The imagen is not very good but i'll try to improve my photographic skills :nopity:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You will have some corals that like the sandbed & some that need more light, but you want to leave room from them to grow too.

My guess... from the pic, is maybe a bit higher... see what others think

Roy Page

Beginning with the reefscaping, trying to build a lot of hiding places for the fish and terraces for the corals. The imagen is not very good but i'll try to improve my photographic skills :nopity:

Luis, it is good to see that you managed to assemble it all despite the quality of the instructions.
It looks like you have made a good start.
I am also waiting to know which pump will fit in the chiller portion of the rear sump.
And can't expose my wife to more noise either.
I am disappointed that RS do not market a complete chiller ready to fit and switch on.
Roy

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick

Looks good to me.
You just need to adjust your white balance before you take the picture.
Have you thought of doing something to the outputs before you get livestock?
People put loc-line or spin-streams on for better water dispersion.
Stock has the potential to move sand around.