Live rock ranch???

lcstorc

Well they seem closer than anybody I know of other than Tampa Bay Saltwater. The key is that the rock is shipped in water. I'm not sure how much they are using when they say "enough water for the rock to be saturated"

The rock has always come shipped in multiple well sealed medical-grade plastic bags, which I am guessing are not cheap, and about 4-6 inches of water. The last batch I got in March was covered in purple plating coralline algae, which I had never seen on any live rock sold in a LFS or online. Tampa Bay Saltwater seems pretty sweet as well! :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have been tagging along on this thread and thought I would chime in. I have been buying my LR from the same guy for the last 8 years. The rock is really high quality and comes fully cured. I know what you are going to stay, that is impossible. But, it's true! :) During a couple of moves the last few years I needed to cycle quickly and this rock really came thru. It's a little more expensive than some but well worth the price. Marty is a great guy and runs an honest and straightforward biz. Check him out!

What does your post have to do with Live Rock Ranch anyhow??

Stop promoting non sponsors.

Thanks, Frankie

Thespivster

If a vendor isn't a sponsor, they don't deserve recognition? Wow. The name of this forum should be caged to Sponsor Feedback so we won't mess up again...

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Frankie

RS STAFF
I am not to sure how you came to that conclution spivster, we promote a lot of non sponsors and even other forums throuout reefsanctuary for infomation when needed.

There is more going on here then you realize. Vendor feedback is not about promoting another company through the failure of another.

You want to share a vendor experience then go right ahead and start a thread.

KARussell88

I am not to sure how you came to that conclution spivster, we promote a lot of non sponsors and even other forums throuout reefsanctuary for infomation when needed.

There is more going on here then you realize. Vendor feedback is not about promoting another company through the failure of another.

You want to share a vendor experience then go right ahead and start a thread.

Very interesting and an extremely good answer!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Very interesting and an extremely good answer!

ditto2.gif

:)

staples462000

I just wanted to chime in with my experience with LiveRockRanch. I ordered 100lbs live base rock from them and received 4 rocks. Two boulders and two smaller rocks and three sections that had broken off of the four main rocks. Probably the worst decision I have ever made. I was not expecting anything spectacular because it was only supposed to be base rock but it was totally unusable. I wouldnt suggest taking the chance. Having done some research since the transaction I have viewed complaints to the BBB, and several other forums noting the same type of complaints. There customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. He even referred to me by the wrong name in an email. The rocks were basically dry, wrapped in two garbage bags and thrown in a box. I would strongly suggest spending your money somewhere else.

IMAG0094 (2).jpg

oceanreefs

is this the guy in Florida? If this is the same person I think it is do not buy anything from him he burned me for over $ 300 I ordered some live rock from him it was supposed to be delivered within 2 to 3 days he came 3 weeks later it sat on Delta Airlines.forgo it knows how long because he didn't pack it correctly when I finally received it it was not live anymore it was dead as a door nail and it was horrible he would not refund my money or even take my phone calls there's hundreds of other people you can get live rock from but if this is the guy from Florida and I think it is avoid this he's the guy from hell. Phil:nono:

FishinBob

Sucks sorry to hear about that!! I got some rock from Dale at floridaliverock.com since I'm close I drove up there and had a chance to handpick my rocks... Even the 40lbs of bace rock he picked out for me was pretty decent.. Tons of life good and bad and good prices! I would highly recommend him don't know about shipping buy he is pretty prompt about emails and calls give him a try you won't be disappointed!!!

oceanreefs

:nono:Don't do it this guy is a crook. He'll promise you the world and give you SHiiiiiiiiiiii and you know what that word is. There's lots of other people who are honest and that will give you good live rock don't trust this guy please.Phil

oceanreefs

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. this guy is a pig and a thief I went through the same thing, he screwed me over for about $300. Get your attorney involved this guy needs to go on a business.PD:guns: