Lewis and Sophie's RSM 250

W00t, our first post!

A little about us, we're treading new ground for us with our first marine tank. We chose the RSM 250 because we wanted something that enabled us to hit the ground running and learn along the way.

Bespoke setups are very daunting to the beginner and so this seemed a really good way to step into the hobby for us.

I wanted to start this thread as a diary of successes (and no doubt failures) along the way. An insight for those who will learn from our mistakes and a chance for seasoned keepers to chuckle and remember tearing their hair out in the same way we no doubt will. Also, I hope that we can look back in time, and appreciate the storyboard of our tank.

We live in Buckinghamshire in the UK and are already enjoying our RSM..... thanks for taking the time to stop by. Say hello!:hallo:

Livestock List:
24th January

• 2 * Small Emerald Crabs £5.50 ea
    6 * Turbo Snails £3 ea
    4 * Red Legged Hermit Crabs £3ea

31st January

• 2 * Cleaner Shrimp (1 * Deceased 2nd February) £16.50 ea
    2 * Fire/Blood Shrimp (1* Deceased 2nd February) £32 ea
    4 * Red Legged Hermit Crabs £3 ea
    4 * Turbo Snails £3 ea
    1 * Prickly Leather Finger Coral £25 ea
    1 * Star Polyp Xenia £25 ea

5th February

• 2 * Percula Clown £12.50 ea
    2 * Medium Emerald Crabs £5.50 ea
    1 * Algae (Lawnmower) Blennie £16 ea

7th February

• 1 * Large Green Striped Mushroom Coral £29 ea
    Some Pulsing Xenia attached​
    2 * Hammerhead Coral Grags £FREE ea

14th February

• 1 * Plate Polyp Coral £36 ea
    1 * Neon Button Polyp Coral £35 ea
    1 * Young Royal Gramma £26 ea

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Lewis and Sophie

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Great to see you start a tank thread, post us some pics !
050.gif
Cheers :clink:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
welcome-rainbow-rotate-ag1.gif
to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club. Nice introduction of where you're at on your tank progress, and we'll be hoping that you have very few, if any, failures. Lots of your fellow Brits in here with RSM tanks! Cheers! :)

Oakhouse

Welcome! Great start....Great to have another UK tank! The Brits are taking over lol! Watch out across the pond! Metric is definitely coming!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Funny Richard! When are you Brits going to learn how to drive on the right side of the road? LOL! :)

Dweezil

Welcome to RS Lewis and Sophie. Post some pictures of your tank when you can. We all love to see pictures :)

What a good welcome, thanks for taking the time to stop by.

ReefMack, I've just seen in another thread that you've visited Horsforth, I know it well....not many businesses there though, do you mind me asking what you do for a living?

Regarding driving on the wrong side of the road: Why do Americans drive on the wrong side of the road? - Yahoo! Answers

The defensive answers are far funnier than the provocative question.

I will get some pics up shortly, mostly they're from my phone and currently ending an algae bloom after adding the three fish so it's not the prettiest right now...that said, it's all part of the game so I'll add some later today.

Lewis

I did post before and it went to mod approval?!:whip: It may appear and then be out of sync...

Went and bought some more coral and a Royal Gramma today (pics to follow).

Many thanks to you all for the kind welcomes, as a complete noob, any and all advice, criticism and opinion is greatfully received, if it's anything like a lot of other forums, I'm sure they'll be in abundance.

Thanks again.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
First posts and any links usually go to mod approval to prevent spammers from posting in here. Maybe that's what happened. If you have any problems posting pictures or links let us or a mod know and we'll try to get help for you. I'd think we're all anxiously awaiting pictures :)

We're all very good at help, advice and opinions in the RSM section, but we try very hard not to criticize! We were all new once, and many still are, so feel free to ask any and all questions! :)

Nowellsy SNR

Yep 9 months on im still new to the hobby and have made mistakes like everyone but i've learnt from them.

Looking forward to seeing your tank

Frankie

RS STAFF
I did post before and it went to mod approval?!:whip: It may appear and then be out of sync...

Went and bought some more coral and a Royal Gramma today (pics to follow).

Many thanks to you all for the kind welcomes, as a complete noob, any and all advice, criticism and opinion is greatfully received, if it's anything like a lot of other forums, I'm sure they'll be in abundance.

Thanks again.
BEcause your new your post that have links are being filtered out by the spam filter. It will take a few more posts before you can post links without this happening. I freed up your post for you.
Thank Reefmack for bringing this to my attention :thumbup: