Let's Trade Frags

reeferman

one more thing to add...dont put heat or cold pack against the bags,tape it to the inside of the lid.putting them next to bags will heat or cool the water too much.

ma77301985

I just want to chime in and say thank you to everyone who has shown interest in this thread and is supplying all of us with valuable information!
Keep it coming!

reeferman

if anyone is interested in shipping supplies like bags,coolers,boxes,heat/cool packs,etc,you can get all of them on Uline.com

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Ok, getting my plans lined out for shipping my 1st frag shipment this Thursday evening for Friday 10:30am delivery to Oxylebius in Washington DC.
Have to admit I'm a little nervous but mostly way excited to be having our little "frag swap" :D
Anyone have any suggestion on best ways to cushion a Branching Duncan frag? (
(Multiple heads & it's not on a frag plug)
85f18e8ee36f1c3805313995966bcb7e_zpsd1b8d2f0.jpg

Oxylebius

Ok, getting my plans lined out for shipping my 1st frag shipment this Thursday evening for Friday 10:30am delivery to Oxylebius in Washington DC.
Have to admit I'm a little nervous but mostly way excited to be having our little "frag swap" :D
Anyone have any suggestion on best ways to cushion a Branching Duncan frag? (
(Multiple heads & it's not on a frag plug)

And yours ships out tomorrow!!!!!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Diana,take a piece of styrofoam and rubberband it to the "stem" of the duncan so that it floats upside down in the bag.
Thanks very much for the rubberband idea...I had thought about trying to cut down a styrofoam cup and stick the stem end through a hole made in the end but wasn't sure how to make it stay. Not sure what chemical effect super glue gel & styrofoam might cause. I think the the rubberband will work but I'm not going to try it until tomorrow when I pack it for it's trip. This is kinda exciting! I'll update ;)

Newjack

oo becarefull with Styrofoam and superglue. Lower grade foam will melt and release small amounts of fumed. I accidently killed a parakeet when I was a kid doing that

Newjack

well after it died, my parents had it stuffed and then I glued it to Styrofoam. It felt right. lol nah jk I was doing a school project of the solar system. We didn't have a hot glue gun so the parakeet took a sacrifice for my scholarship :cry1:

Oxylebius

I "float" mine in styrofoam as well.....best way to ship!

Keep in mind when you're looking at shipping boxes/coolers. You pay for weight OR size, whichever is larger. For instance a 12x12 box defaluts to 11 pounds.....even if you only have 4 corals in it........and you'll pay for 11#. @ overnight shipping you're talking $130!

Keeping the box as small as possible is the key.

You are absolutely correct - it was $94 to ship to Diana (DC to OK).

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
You are absolutely correct - it was $94 to ship to Diana (DC to OK).

:yehoo: :woohoo: I bet I'm going to think it was worth every penny you paid :yup: :thumbup:
Tomorrow will be an exciting (FUN, I hope!) day....I'll be putting your Duncan & GSP in the box for FedEx Overnight about 6pm tomorrow evening. Going from Ft.Smith AR to Tulsa, OK to Memphis, TN then to Washington DC to arrive by 10:30am Friday morning.
Anxious to see how they travel & arrive. :fingerx::fingerx::fingerx: