Let's see some of your sps's!!!

Bigjacko

I have just added 2 sps frags into my RSM 250.

Finally plucked up the courage to try them and would like to see some of your successes with sps in an RSM.

go.......;)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
IMG_0532goby.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Oak - was the hystrix showing signs of failing (losing any of the thin tissue skin) before the cleaner shrimp "cleaned" it? I've only had my fish or inverts pick at corals when the corals were on their way out. It seems like SPS lately are being chewed up by unexpected types of fish and inverts - strange.

Glenn/Tammy - thanks. That second pic is my newest coral - a green birdsnest. It's already shown some good growth in a short time. One of my Turbo snails ate that Bryopsis algae that was growing on the left side. Now some Majano anemones have appeared where the algae was. I'll have to deal with those with some Aiptasia-X. It's a constant battle in my tank.

Oakhouse

Oak - was the hystrix showing signs of failing (losing any of the thin tissue skin) before the cleaner shrimp "cleaned" it? I've only had my fish or inverts pick at corals when the corals were on their way out. It seems like SPS lately are being chewed up by unexpected types of fish and inverts - strange.

Difficult to say, had cleaned out a load of candy candy algae from the center of it, and moved it up in the tank a little.. Came down one morning and it was half cleared of polyps, next morning it only had a handful of polyps... poor little thing is looking like a grape vine in winter!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If you remove it you might want to rinse it off and keep the skeleton for later use. Might make an interesting mounting base for some zoas or palys to grow over.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Even just a branch or two. :) I've seen some covered with GSP - green star polyps, which probably would grow even faster.