LED lighting

blue_eyes53813

Well shoot me if I am wrong, But I swear I seen some like that at IMAC. It had controls on it , you could change your lights from 10k to 20k to actinics. it was all on timers and looked very very neat.

boozeman

pfolight1 said:
The web site WWW.SolarisLED.com is currently a work in progress and was not suppose to be found by the public yet. I am sorry but we are going to shut off access to the web site for another couple of weeks.
Patrick Ormiston
PFO Lighting Inc.

Wow, can I get a discount for discovering your site?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

On a more serious note: I apologize for any inconvenience caused. I am very interested in learning more about your lighting system and, once available, where to purchase. If you plan on having an update email list....please include me
boozeman387@hotmail.com
thank you in advance
:clink:

pfolight1

I have updated the web site www.solarisled.com and put it on line. There is more to come for the web site, but it will give you most of the information about the Solaris. I had hoped to put Sanjays Par measurements of the Solaris up, but he has been to busy to perform the measurements. In the next couple of weeks I will post PAR measurements that I take.
Thank You
Patrick Ormiston
PFO Lighting Inc.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very cool stuff !
Now I'm curious how low would the PAR #'s decline over time. You guys mention that these LED's last for 5 years how much would it cost to replace these bulbs ?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wow! I was talking about this two years ago that LED's would one day replace MH's and pc's! Looks as if i was right! cooooool man!

pfolight1

My guess is when the life of the LED's are up you will throw the fixture away and replace it. I currently do that with my old computers. If that isn't the case then we will develop a plan to handle led replacement. If there is a premature failure the LED circuit boards have been designed to be replaceable in the field.

We currently do not sell the LED boards by themselves. We are afraid of people not cooling the LED's enough. This is one of the many reasons why the DIY people have had difficulty making high light output LED fixtures last over their last two to three years of trying.

Pat

12g Dude

I see that the preliminary price of $1500 for a 48" fixture jumped to $2400. Does the expected payback period on energy savings and bulb replacement now jump from three years to 5? I suspect that this technology will be like LCD TV’s. These guys have the jump on everyone so can afford to charge crazy prices. Wait a few years and the price will be compatible to current fixtures while still having the benefit of cooling and energy savings.

Personally, I'm sick of new technology that’s supposed to revolutionize our lives and last longer, be more eco friendly...Yada, yada..... Everything you buy that's supposed to save you money.....COST ALOT MORE TO BUY...therefore negating the cost savings. When I bought a new Energy efficient AC unit for my house, the more efficient, the more expensive...payback was 10-15 years. New Hybrid vehicles that get 60 MPG...COST $4K more than conventional.... average of 7 year payback when most people keep cars only 4 years. Even longer life lithium batteries....Double the price of standard energizers. There aint no such thing as a free lunch. I say wait a few years till the patent runs out and the competition and greed for the market share will bring the prices down.

I don't blame the guy for Jacking the prices up...Supply and demand is what it's is, but as always, getting one of these now means that you'll be paying the high price to be the "First One" on your block to have the cool new stuff. Sometimes it's cool to be that guy, but it gets expensive after awhile. I'm sure I'll make the swap someday. But I'm just now considering a LCD TV.....Now that they aren't killing us on the prices.

Stalwart

48" 20K Solaris LED Illumination System. Supplied with Control Modular and Mounting Feet. Solaris-G-48-20K $2325

Thats a big increase from the $1400 that was originally on the site, I wonder if they doubled the benefit of the already designed light before they doubled the price.

Stalwart

Well if you do the math it is not really a bad deal.

if you run your lights 12hrs a day 365days a year these LED will last more than 11years

If I run my T5's that long i would spend:
$500 fixture
$3500 bulb replacement (8 bulbs every 6 months $20@ for 11 years.)
that doesnt include ballasts and fans and anything else that might wear out or electrical savings, lack of chiller, fans, timers.

Not to mention the built in ability to control the lighting spectrum much more realistically.

I think I am sold even at this price

That does not mean that I would not rather pay less though. (Hint Hint)

Witfull

the one thing i dont care for,,,,tey state its the equivalent of a 250wt 20k bulb. personally, 20k's dont do it for me. they are way too blue and have weak PAR.

Stalwart

I think the colors are adjustable.

"The light can be adjusted from 6.5K to 22K, or anywhere in between, to set the ideal color temperature"