Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
What's the point of the Rsm if stock won't work?

It will... but if your husbandry skills are less than the best, additional flow will help overcome this...

you can also change out your carbon for CPE (carbon with gfo in it)

So I have this algae at the top on the sand. It's brown colored and I can pretty much peel it off. What should I do? I just did a eater change yesterday.

Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its probably cyano. Its a nuisance algae yet easily controlled by less light, removing the cyano n smaller feedings.

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.

So I have to many hours of light? Currently have it on from 12 pm til 9 pm. Also I feed every other day and only have one fish so I feed very little.

So the back wall of my tank is full of bubble algae as seen in pic. I was looking closely today and noticed that between the algae and wall some things were moving.

I have no idea what they are. They look like tiny see through shrimp and seem to be fighting. Anyone know what these are??? U can't see in the pic obviously.
18b411ed-3319-cd7c.jpg

It's been a while! Here's some new pictures.....how do o get rid of this red slime!!!!!! Light off for how many days again?
ybu7e5ad.jpg
etu2u2uz.jpg
jaramatu.jpg

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Most do 3 days, I believe. I just cut my lights down to 4 hours a day and continually suction it out when I had a problem with cyano.

JK1

Hello mate, great start. How long have you been seeing the Cyanobacteria? Lights out will fix it short term but you need to work out what is the root cause. How long do you have your lights on for a day? What are you phosphate levels? Over feeding can be a cause too. People say a high flow will help but you often see it growing on powerheads so I disagree with this. Keep doing regular water changes and manually remove / siphon out as much as possible.