Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

To be honest I don't know how to ot have time to install a unit. Besides not sure how much money you really are saving vs getting Ro/Di from lfs since you have to change filters every so often.

So I can get Ro/Di from lfs for $0.60 per gallon.

All you guys think the filtered water ( ones usually located next to markets that cost $0.25 per gal) are no good?

What about distilled water?

Sorry for all the questions. I really want to justify buying ro/Di unit before I buy it.:)

Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid

Ok just looked at the BRS website and I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!! Can you really just hook up the faucet and get ro/di water????????? Please watch instruction video and tell me I'm not dreaming!

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage Standard System - English

I will purchase this weekend. I can start by using the easy faucet hook up and eventually go to the permanent install.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
When did lfs or the machine at the market last change their filters (this water is much inferior to an ro/di unit) ?

Are you going to change 5 gallons a week? If so even at 60 cents that is $170 with tax & if you drive to get it or any water... what cost do you associate with that at the price of gas? I bet the pay back is 6 months or less...

Plus the fact that once you stop visiting the lfs every week, you will save countless $$$ in other things you just picked up because you were there.

Install & hook up is 5 mins... in the thread I posted.

and saving your back... is also nice :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Ok just looked at the BRS website and I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!! Can you really just hook up the faucet and get ro/di water????????? Please watch instruction video and tell me I'm not dreaming!

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage Standard System - English

I will purchase this weekend. I can start by using the easy faucet hook up and eventually go to the permanent install.

Thus my "A Simple RO/DI hookup anyone can do... thread" :dance: it really can be that simple

ok so I was about to buy the ro/di unit from bulkreefsupply.com, but read something that scarred me. It says my faucet pressure has to be at least 50psi to work correctly, anything lower will reduce the results. I have no idea what my psi is? I will be using bathroom faucet.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
sure would not hurt to try, maybe the water department could tell you or pick up a gauge...

994.jpg

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
nanoreefing4fun said:
sure would not hurt to try, maybe the water department could tell you or pick up a gauge...

Home depot or Lowes has these for $5...

...."Fish" Happens!....

How do increase flow? By adding another pump? What's the point of the Rsm if stock won't work? And what's gfo?

Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
GFO is Granular Ferric Oxide and it is a phosphate remover. From the Bulk Reef Supply website:

The purpose of granular ferric oxide is to inhibit algae growth by removing phosphates from the aquarium. Maintaining low phosphate levels will help prevent algae outbreaks and control growth. Serious algae outbreak is one of the most common reasons for complete tank shutdown. GFO is an essential tool and should be part of regular tank maintenance