****kole Tang****help

websurfer

Only coral I ever impulse bought (goniopora - flower pots), lsf got in some new frags & he looked so good & only 19$.

Well you know lsf never said a word about it being a difficult coral... but I have had him for about 2 months & so far so good... so good luck !

You can see mine in upper right hand corner of my tank.

I have mine in the sandbed
i have read this is the best place since low light level and low flow

I first had it up top in some good flow and it was opening up fine
Opening up in the sand as well

Guess i will leave it and see how we do

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
websurfer - based on what you said today was your 13th anniversay with the wife? If that's true, happy anniversary!

I used to have so much xenia that while I was fighting to get rid of the weed I was throwing hunks of it away LOL! After a lot of work getting rid of it I just added a new piece back in the tank. I must be crazy, but my wife loves the stuff. If you get any put it up high (it grows & spreads upward & sideways), or on a rock you can remove.

Are you sure it's a Goniopora? Alveopora look similar but are a bit easier to keep alive. I think Alveopora has 12 "tentacles" per polyp, and Goniopora has 24. A lot of lfs (and reefers) don't know the difference as they look so similar.

websurfer

websurfer - based on what you said today was your 13th anniversay with the wife? If that's true, happy anniversary!

Yup sure is and thank you

And to the other question really not sure if it is Goniopora or Alveopora

It looks like 24 per to me

I will post a pic soon

Triggerfish

I used to have so much xenia that while I was fighting to get rid of the weed I was throwing hunks of it away LOL! After a lot of work getting rid of it I just added a new piece back in the tank. I must be crazy, but my wife loves the stuff. If you get any put it up high (it grows & spreads upward & sideways), or on a rock you can remove.

Yes, this! If you're going to get some, it's a good thing you really like it because you may soon have more than you know what to do with. :yup: