****kole Tang****help

websurfer

All,

My Kole tang is going insane he has all ready spiked my clown and took a nice little gash out of him ...
Attacking all of my fish he has them all in the corner

I think he is fighting for food as my alage source has dided down..

I have been feeding him but he will only eat mysis not aglae

I need to get him out i take it and he is a pain in that but

Please give me some tricks

DrHank

I would remove him. Tangs will exhibit this type of behavior when stressed. Honestly, you have a nice tank but it is too small for a tang. To get him out, I would move your rock temporarily to a bucket large enough to hold it and cover it with water from the tank. With the rock out, and a couple of nets, you should be able to catch the tang. Good luck.

websurfer

I would remove him. Tangs will exhibit this type of behavior when stressed. Honestly, you have a nice tank but it is too small for a tang. To get him out, I would move your rock temporarily to a bucket large enough to hold it and cover it with water from the tank. With the rock out, and a couple of nets, you should be able to catch the tang. Good luck.

Ok ya going to trade him in tomorrow at the lfs

Any suggestions on a new fish

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm surprised at your choice of fish websurfer. You seem really clued up. Why not give the other fish a break and don't add anything for a few weeks?

Are you going to buy some corals?

DrHank

I'd have to agree with Ray. A few weeks to let things get back to normal is the best idea. You'll get some store credit you can use later. Do you have a good CUC? A coral isn't a bad idea either. You might even spend the credit on a good book if you find one you like.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ditto :) They deserve a restful vacation after being terrified and bullied recently :)

Bottom line is you're doing the RIGHT thing by taking it out now. Many of us are so stubborn that we ignore logic and insist it will "Get Better over Time" when in reality it's already gotten as GOOD as it can get and is on a ride down a steep and slippery path. KUDOS to you for "Seeing the light" and doing what's right for all involved. :thumber:

websurfer

Ya i think i will hold off on another fish and add some other corals

I will see what the lfs has when i get down their
I really want a xenia
we shall see

websurfer

WOW i think i drank to much last night to forget that 1..lol
Well just so everyone knows the only fish i bought where the cleaner wrasse and the clowns
Everything else was tossed on me pretty much

I still need to return the 6 line
Then i can start to add shrimp
I do have a little cuc
10 blue legs
3 turbos
2 Nassarius

ANd the tang is now back at the lfs

websurfer

Ok so i went down the lfs
They did have the pulse Xenia but it had apstaisa on the rock

Another thing that caught my eye was a very nice flower pot

Not knowing much about it i held off
But i really want to go back and get it

Can the RSM250 provide what is needed for this coral

Thanks

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
YEAH! We're learning! That's a TOUGH coral to keep alive long term because it needs a LOT of food in the water column and we tend to keep our tanks TOO clean so we don't have algae blooms :D

KUDOS to you :)

websurfer

LMAO

Well me and the wife 13year today and she went with me to LFS
So she just walked in with guess what

Man i called the lfs back to see if they will take it back

They said they do not take returns on flower pots because they are very fragile or some BS

Well if any one around corona wants to make a trade for it

What i would really like is a Pulsating Xenia

They had a really nice one
But on the side is had a huge Aiptasia

websurfer

Man i just thought of something
I now have 2 really hard things to care for

Not starting out on the correct path...

The funny part is i have been reading up on the Xenia
that is not very hard to care for ...
That is why i want it and i think it looks bad ass

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Only coral I ever impulse bought (goniopora - flower pots), lsf got in some new frags & he looked so good & only 19$.

Well you know lsf never said a word about it being a difficult coral... but I have had him for about 2 months & so far so good... so good luck !

You can see mine in upper right hand corner of my tank.