Kirk's new reeftank build

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Me too. Lovely tank. I am leaving this morning to go get my new tank, Im envious of how far ahead you are LOL

R1junkie

And now let the water making commence! The ro/di unit and refractometer came in today, should have enough water made by friday i am guessing.

R1junkie

Almost there!
23944_10151431757864338_1305240707_n.jpg

R1junkie

Well I have it running now. Going down to the lfs today and grab a piece of LR to throw in it, the shrimp are already in :)

R1junkie

Thanks a lot. Got my piece of LR from the lfs and the tank got it's first hitchhiker, a little tiny hermit crab came crawling out of the rock.

R1junkie

need to get some good powerheads that don't have suctioncups for mounts have had to dig this one out of the tank 2x now because they have let go. Good thing is it is only temporary until the korillas come back in stock.

R1junkie

Did the first water tests today after the first week it looks like this: ammonia .6, nitrite.3, nitrate 5, ph7.9, calcium 480, phosphate 0, kh 110 .The lfs let me borrow his Hagen test kit as he didn't have any in stock,and these were the tests in his master kit.

degibson84

Man i wish my wife would let me take her father's 250 since he just upgraded to a 300. i want to start a new build from the ground up again. I have been helping my little brother setup his 155 gallon bowfront but its just not as fun when its not yours

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Man i wish my wife would let me take her father's 250 since he just upgraded to a 300. i want to start a new build from the ground up again. I have been helping my little brother setup his 155 gallon bowfront but its just not as fun when its not yours

Sometimes you have to resort to begging.

catran

Wow, that would be awesome!

I love reefers...