Killing Aiptasia with electricity

catran

I love the 12", it works great in the 130D! Sorry to hear about the trouble. Hope that guy get what he deserves, he's a $@%^&! That's a wonderful invention, and some jerk has to try to steal it. Good luck Paul!

Paul B

Our web site will be out very soon and the manufacturer is gearing to crank out many of them legally made here in the USA.

docjohn

Hey, everybody!

This is Paul B's wife, best friend, dive buddy and very rarely his critic. However, this time I must boast about this "Zapper" thing. I can't believe my husband, Paul B, finally got me hooked into this hobby in some small way and it was fun too--much to my surprise. I loved zapping with his new invention. Who would have thought? Our tank is looking better than ever now that I am involved with the clean up. You see fish is Paul's passion and mine seems always to be cleaning up something or another. Anyway, I am really proud of this guy and his latest invention. By the time I was finished, there was not even a hint of a mojano or tentacle in site of our 40-year old reef.
Dale005.jpg

docjohn

I'm uncertain about the product availability. Can it be bought from the "rightful" owner (i.e. inventor) now? and if so how and for how much? Thanks, John

docjohn

Sorry I almost forgot - does the death of the parent aiptasia by electricity prevent the release of planula which according to what I've read can happen at times of stress

livebait

TBAquatics is selling the SWC jip off for almost the same price as Paul had quoted me. I wondered if he had sold them the rights or if he had been copied so I came here to send him a PM and ask. Didn't have to obviously. Paul, sorry your patent was infringed and hope your lawyers are able to make it right. When I can afford one I can tell you it won't be from anyone else.

Paul B

I'm uncertain about the product availability. Can it be bought from the "rightful" owner (i.e. inventor) now? and if so how and for how much? Thanks, John

Our manufacturer is building then now and as soon as he has 100 of them I you can order them. Probably a few weeks from now.

I wondered if he had sold them the rights

No I did not sell them the rights. PS Aquatics will be legally building the "Majano Wand" as it is now called, It also has a patent pending and soon it will be unlawful for anyone else to sell or advertise it even internationally.
My model also has some adaptions coming out that can be added for other animals, also part of the patent pending. It is also proudly built in the USA.
We will have a web site up soon.

Edison

You must be sure to get the entire Aiptasia when you give it the juice.
No piece or part of an Aiptasia can be left un-electrocuted.

I always though 'AipTaser' would make for a interesting name for this product.

Paul B

I always though 'AipTaser' would make for a interesting name for this product.

There were a few names I kicked around but my patent lawyers advised me not to call it anything that had to do with electricity because the patent office gets finicky with electrical sounding products and may have given me a harder time.

Now we have a steady supply of the Wands and it is a newer model with a few modifications that are internal.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
There were a few names I kicked around but my patent lawyers advised me not to call it anything that had to do with electricity because the patent office gets finicky with electrical sounding products and may have given me a harder time.

Now we have a steady supply of the Wands and it is a newer model with a few modifications that are internal.

Glad to hear that these things are getting better and soon to be on the market :D