keeping a school of green chromis?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
ah, my flow is just enough that it trickles through the grate. Maybe that's why I had to add a couple of small powerheads in mine to get some more flow going.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Your fuge looks better than my tank! But fish look great hope they do great!
Thanks! But I bet that "clean look" won't last much longer. ;)
I moved the 3 green Chromis (Barney Betty & BAM-BAM) to the DT a couple of days ago & YAY, they are doing good and clinging together. I'm loving watching them :heart:
75A6A49C-2D30-4E3E-A780-B49BD2A11FCE_zpsqrs6tkik.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Talon33

Well you can even seen hardly in my fuge from all the different algae in it. I liked the days when it looked good but pods are everywhere now so I guess that's good! and glad to see and hear they are doing good!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Well you can even seen hardly in my fuge from all the different algae in it. I liked the days when it looked good but pods are everywhere now so I guess that's good! and glad to see and hear they are doing good!

I will be glad when my refugium has enough macro-algae to benefit my system. I started it with a large ball of chaeto that I'd had tucked behind my rock scape in my DT for a month. I just put in some Red Dragon's Tongue that I bought from tektite on here.
I'm not even sure how to grow macro-algae :confused: This is new to me. I have read some good articles.
I have my (LEDs for Fresh Water that came with my fuge) lights set to come on at Sunset & go off at Sunrise.
I'm just hoping it does good :fingerx:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
And back to the "keeping a school of green chromis" topic:
The 3 pictured above are still doing well. My tank is only 65gal. so I'm having to just keep my fingers crossed that they don't kill each other. There are lots of hiding places & it might be good that they have some aggressors against the 3 of them. My Royal Gramma, Cherub Angel, & even my Midas Blenny have had turns darting at them.
It's really fun to watch (so far) because there hasn't been any serious fights.
:fingerx: Keeping fingers crossed. :fingerx::fingerx:
One thing for sure....my tank is very fish lively now.
For 10 months I only had 5 fish, NOW THERE ARE 8 :eek::fishy2: not adding anymore, I don't think anyway!

Matt spivey

Hi just felt like chipping in here but I've only been keeping SW fish for a year (tropical for longer) and I've had a green chromis in a 30 litre tank with a clown, no aggression there and a school of 3 for a few weeks in an rsm 130d and no aggression there either. It may depend upon if you introduce them first or in a stocked tank etc because mine at the moment have a lot of territory but eventually it'll be shared more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talon33

Thanks for the input! My school seems to be doing well now too, however they do not school really anymore. If Diana reads this I would like to hear an update on your school!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the input! My school seems to be doing well now too, however they do not school really anymore. If Diana reads this I would like to hear an update on your school!
My 3 are doing GREAT so far. They haven't shown aggression toward each other (yet), hope it continues to stay peaceful. :fingerx: I really like them, they add a extra nice reef look to my tank, most of the time they swim together. :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Update, been almost another month:
My 3 are still doing good together. They have just recently started acting like "kissing fish" doing a comical lip lock that I've read could be a form of aggression. Kinda like arm wrestling? But after they "kiss" they swim off peacefully. They've added a look to my reef that I really enjoy. I very pleased with them still. :thumbup:

Mike Johnson

Glad to hear it. The kissing is a pecking order ritual. It could be good or bad. As long as the subordinate one allows the dominant one to lock one on all is good. If not there's going to be a little scolding.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My 3 Green Chromis are GROWING...getting a little more aggressive with the evening and morning "lip locking" and tail swishing with each other. Strange that they start doing it only when the lights are dimming.
I'm still enjoying them. They are really fun to watch....can't imagine my tank without them.
I can't believe that I like them this much :ponder2:
Today's photo of them:
18314e6ba41792119af775bba4695b22_zpsd5d13eda.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thought I'd post one last UPdate on my trio of Green Chromis....they are doing great & are no longer the smallest fish in my tank. They are PIGS when it is feeding time :yummy: :yup:
:camera:
3488d3a0b949e8836c2bc618f339d641_zpsff8921db.jpg

StirCrayzy

Good to see long term success, Diana. You must have just the right environment.

How are all you other multi chromis owners coming along? I'd love to hear some other updates.