Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

orieng

That dosing sheet is a great idea. I will print one tomorrow and stick it to one of the doors. I also took out my reactor this evening and put the smaller stone chips in a small mesh bag as advised by Wrangy. @Mrsalt, how did you arrive at the reduced dose for the zeostart and Zeobak? The KZ zeovit guide and Mr Alexander suggested the dosage I am following . I will also reduce my dosage if you guide me please.. Thanks

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
That dosing sheet is a great idea. I will print one tomorrow and stick it to one of the doors. I also took out my reactor this evening and put the smaller stone chips in a small mesh bag as advised by Wrangy. @Mrsalt, how did you arrive at the reduced dose for the zeostart and Zeobak? The KZ zeovit guide and Mr Alexander suggested the dosage I am following . I will also reduce my dosage if you guide me please.. Thanks

That dosing sheet was the only way I could remember what to dose and when lol. I like simple things to follow. I do intend on doing a few other note sheets too, as I read so much stuff about adding this does such and such, too much of that may kill this... And it all rattles around in my head until the time I need to know it :)

I fill my reactor up on a set off scales and take out 90% wet rocks and add the same weight of freshly soaked (RO) new rocks by hand. Anything that's small is then left that way- this goes in the bag. This is what I've learnt so far, as it seems to much rock burns the tips of my acros within a week.

My dosing of zeobak is in accordance with the schedule as mine is 500ltrs after displacement. So I've worked on there 5 drops (1 per 100ltrs) twice a week guidance and just altered them 10 drops to 2 every day, and carried it on for the weekend as I suck 50plus ltrs out in a water change. So them extra 4 drops make up for lost "bacteria" due to water change.

As for zeostart3 I'm of the opinion the recommended amount is to high for my bioload. I've read so many threads on the zeovit site that state they use far less than guided. Then you read about others having cyno issues and I correlated my initial cyno problem to this as I was dosing this before I was even running the rocks. I dose my amount now based on if I get this brown stuff :-

a2yna2aq.jpg

I know I'm dosing to much. Right now 0.5ml a day is the limit, however if the nutrients creep up ill increase and see if they come down without the brown stuff. If it doesn't then I'm thinking its time to change the rocks again and work out the timescale between rock changes.. I'm learning how the tank is talking to me as I go along with this stuff, its really interesting tbh. And I think your'll of to a great start :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Oh and ill talk to my Lfs at the weekend and get him to price up shipment to Guwahati for you if he can. :)

orieng

Hey Wrangy, thanks for stopping by. I have been neglecting this thread due to work commitments and being busy with zeovit stuff. My Zeo results have been a mixed bag and I am getting mixed results. Another good news is that I have managed to rid my tank of all aipstasia. I had millions of them covering all the rocks, between the corals and after treating them with Aipstasia X and peppermint shrimps i had no respite. Three months ago I introduced a copper band and my tank is completely aipstasia free. I had turn all my rocks around to make it accessible to the copperband to eat all the hidden aipsatsia and can now safely certify that i have managed to rid of this menace . I also upgraded mu chiller from the Hailea 300 to a JBJ Artica D 250 and glad to say that the Artica is a class apart from the Hailea stuff. It is so much quieter than my earlier Hailea. All other corals and fishes are fine and I am uploading a pic for you all.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
The tank looks fantastic.
Does the copperband eat larger aiptasia?
I have a couple that are huge, aiptasia-x and peppermints both failed to kill them.

orieng

The tank looks fantastic.
Does the copperband eat larger aiptasia?
I have a couple that are huge, aiptasia-x and peppermints both failed to kill them.
The copperbands will literally munch all the aipstasia , big and small. The trick is to keep the copperband alive with other foods once they strip the tank clean of all aipstasia . But please remember to turn around the rocks once the surface aipstasia are all eaten. Just get one copperband and you will be surprised with the results.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good to hear the tank is doing really well and you've destroyed the aiptasia too!! :) Hopefully zeo continues to improve for you too!!

DaddyTLi

Hey Wrangy, thanks for stopping by. I have been neglecting this thread due to work commitments and being busy with zeovit stuff. My Zeo results have been a mixed bag and I am getting mixed results. Another good news is that I have managed to rid my tank of all aipstasia. I had millions of them covering all the rocks, between the corals and after treating them with Aipstasia X and peppermint shrimps i had no respite. Three months ago I introduced a copper band and my tank is completely aipstasia free. I had turn all my rocks around to make it accessible to the copperband to eat all the hidden aipsatsia and can now safely certify that i have managed to rid of this menace . I also upgraded mu chiller from the Hailea 300 to a JBJ Artica D 250 and glad to say that the Artica is a class apart from the Hailea stuff. It is so much quieter than my earlier Hailea. All other corals and fishes are fine and I am uploading a pic for you all.

Your sand bed looks so clean. Thanks for the FT shot. Looks great.