Jusbechillin's 210 gallon Build

michael_cb_125

Very nice build!!

Gotta love those lumenbrights. What bulbs are you running?

Also, I read a few pages back that you added an angel, what species did you add?
~Michael

What are the actual dimensions of the tank? I could only find the dimensions for the sump. Can you also provide a picture of inside the cabinet. Cheers

7ft x 2ft x 2ft.
The inside of the cabinet is a mess at the moment but I will be glad to when I get home. I think I have a picture I took a bit ago but probably not very usefull..

2274.jpg

2510.jpg

2513.jpg

Got some corals yesterday. Two RICs, two Acans, some Zoas, and some duncans. Ill have to get some pictures up soon.

The bannerfish started eating the Duncan within minutes of placing it in the tank so I put the fish in the fuge and had him sold later that night. Thanks for the heads up on him not being reef safe. He had never picked at anything before. Anyways hes gone now and the corals are happy.

Im thinking about getting a large Sailfin Tang, Magnificant Foxface, mandarin goby, and a Copperband in the near future. These fish work okay with my current setup?

I like tangs as you can see =0)

Purple Tang
Blue hippo tang
Yellow tang
Orange shoulder tang
Maroon clown
Ocealaris clown

So I decided I am going to make my own fish food.

So far I have bought a bunch of stuff from a local asian market.

Tomorrow I am going to hunt down Plankton , Mysis Shrimp, Mega-Marine Algae 3.5 oz cubes, Daphnia 3.5 oz cubes, Blood Worms, Frozen Krill, Silversides, and Spirulina powder

Ill post updates when I get started

I will probably have over $100 into the deal once Im done so I might sell some of the frozen food locally to recoup some funds. I am pretty excited to give this a shot actually!

34790001.jpg

34800002.jpg

34810003.jpg

34820004.jpg

34830005.jpg

Actually I will be taking the cooked meats out of the recipe.... I have been reading up and the cooked & preserved foods are frowned upon in most peoples home made food.

My wife had mentioned that she thought black clowns were beautiful SO.... Trying to drag her into my hobby I bought a pair. Now to catch the Maroon so he wont pick on them...
3490.jpg

I also ordered a Desjardini Sailfin Tang which I will hopefully have in a couple days.

Well the food is done!

Ingredients: Phytoplankton, Zooplankton, Cyclop-eez, Spirulina, Daphnia, multi vitamins, Blood worms, Mega Marine Algae from BIO-PURE, Mysis Shrimp, Krill, Fresh Scallops, Smelt (similar to silversides), Shrimp(no tail or shell), Squid, Clams, Nori, Fresh squeezed garlic juice, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

No cooked/pre-cooked foods were used.

ALL of the raw ingredients were soaked in r/o d/i water for 20 minutes and then strained before getting mixed in the food processor. The mixture is NOT runny/watery/diluted. I didnt blend everything into pure mush so the mixture is a great consistency.

The idea is to have one food to put in the tank for all livestock while avoiding processed foods. The cubes are slightly larger(maybe 15-20%) than what you would get from a single cube from most frozen packs like Hikari or bio-pure.

I actually ended up with almost 15 trays so I am selling some of them to recoup some of the costs. Within an hour of posting them for sale locally I sold 5 trays!

3514.jpg

3592.jpg

3590.jpg

Well I've added some more livestock to the tank!

First a pair of scooter blennies. I just think its entertaining watching them move around the tank.

Saturday while at a LFS buying some frozen food when I stumbled on a fish that I really fell in love with. It was a X-Large Pinktail Trigger. I guess they got it in on trade that day from someone who broke down their whole system and brought it all to them for store credit. Anyways I never really thought these were that neat looking but for some reason this one just grabbed me. He is a good 6"+. Almost a black body (not the green you normally see) with a very bright pink tail. He also is supposedly reef safe coming from a tank with lps & sps. They wouldnt give me a price until Monday and once they okayed it for sale I ran over to the store. They got me for $80 on it which I would normally say is high for a pinktail but I was glad to pay it for this guy. Ill put up a pic in a couple days but for now Pinky is being shy and hid all day long. He did poke his head out one time that I saw to grab some food but quickly disappeared again.
Hope he doesnt think my 4 cleaner shrimp are food!

Then Tonight I picked up a Red Sea Sailfin Tang which I ordered last week. Unfortunately it showed up small and I ordered a large one. The guy gave it to me for $25 because of the screw up but I am not sure how he will do with my larger Purple tang. Lights out immediately and I will feed frequently for several days while watching them.... =/

And I also picked up my first clam tonight! 5-6" Gold Teardrop Maxima. I got him from a local guy (same one who I got the sailfin, acans, and duncans from) for $70 which I understand is a pretty good deal?

Ill throw some pictures up once the fish settle in and calm down.