Here is the tank when I bought it.
11c1f31g93n33kf3p28b9f91da6883fdb1b.jpg

Drilling some holes
2100.jpg

2082.jpg

2081.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 210 gallon Build

Sump running approx 1500gph.. Notice the lack of bubbles/splashing? It is completely silent and hopefully almost no salt creep because there are no popping bubbles.
2935.jpg

2938.jpg

2941.jpg

Now that your caught up...

I had a friend help me build a canopy and we are almost done. Heres where we are at currently.
3263.jpg

3265.jpg

3266.jpg

A little more trim is going to be added around the doors. Still have to stain it and build supports for lighting. Also I will be adding crown molding around the bottom trim of the tank to match the canopy.

I just ordered 3 Lumen Bright Large pendants today online. I cant wait to get them installed! I am going to attempt to run this without a chiller. I have read an article stating that these reflectors, when mounted high enough, Drastically reduce heat in the tank. The canopy is 24" tall so I hope to install the bulbs 14-16" off the water. I will then install 6 fans or so and control them with a aquacontroller jr.

Anyways I hope to stock the tank in a couple weeks.

BaxReefs

Great looking build!

You got some serious DIY skills when it comes to glass drilling & sealing, and plumbing too! Very cool!

reef dummy

Looks great!! I just got thru plumbing my tank and had a hell of a time finding the right fittings for my bulkheads. How did you do yours with the pvc pipe directly in the bulkhead? Is the bulkhead not threaded like mine was?

I took 90 degree pvc elbows (male thread x slip female) from the bulkheads and then pvc glued the flex pvc into the slip. Make sense? I had to spend about $400 between all the fittings/flexpvc/etc... sheesh!

morbius18

That is one nice looking build. I cannot wait to get out of the Army so that I have a house of my own that I can really do a good build like this one. It is too hard to move regularly and have a nice custom setup.