Juan's 85 Gal Mantis Lair

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks guys, :)

Devon, what do you usually feed yours?

Its totally random but I feed something substantial every other day.. I mix in live food usually once a week sometimes twice. Small hermit with a piece of krill, Turbo snails even though I can tell there not her favorite. Silversides, other random snails. She eats well..

jpsika08

Thanks Devon, at $ 3 dollar a pop with each snail I'll have to figure where to buy some, also, no silversides locally, I will try other foods and do a research.

jpsika08

I have dried krill and the little guy grabs it buy today I found bits of it on the sand bed, not sure he is eating that.
At least my Zebra Eel love the stuff.

Built347

No frozen krill?.. hmmm. I really don't know.. I'm sure he would eat frozen cubes of mysis if those are easy to get.. man I hope u don't have to rely on 3$ snails..

PIMPALA

get small, cheap snails and crabs. you can even pick up freshwater snails and crabs.

i also feed mine fresh shrimp and scallops from the deli about twice a week.

Built347

get small, cheap snails and crabs. you can even pick up freshwater snails and crabs.

Shrimp and scallops?.. good call.. have u ever fed an oyster in the shell?

jpsika08

No frozen krill?.. hmmm. I really don't know.. I'm sure he would eat frozen cubes of mysis if those are easy to get.. man I hope u don't have to rely on 3$ snails..

Thanks Devon :)

Thanks Jason, I think FW snails and crabs are cheap around here, (Local farming).
I will try that and also scallops, I got some in the fridge.

PIMPALA

yea, oysters, muscles, anything. they are all good, and my peacock loves them all. no leftovers. also, stuff from the deli is WAY cheaper than anything at a LFS. I bag them in several smaller ziplock sandwich bags and just thaw as needed. also, the Asian markets here are a good source for small fish and crustaceans that delis dont keep, and they are also very very cheap. I sometimes buy small packs of frozen gobys and shrimps from there, thats also where i get my nori/etc

havend been hiding. lol. just busy. in OKC, we got a hail storm with baseball and softball size hail all over the city... and im a roofer, so you can imagine what my life is like right now.

PIMPALA

Thanks bro! Also, if you buy scallops and shrimp, sometimes they float. so make sure you soak them until they sink first. I also buy handfulls of empty shells when I run out, and I shove the meat down into the snail shell, and drop it right in front of his cave. He usually takes about 2.6 seconds to pick it up and start hammering away.