JFK_Jr's 150 Gallon Starphire

tbittner

I'm a confused about something in your pic though. Which one is the new Aussi Lord Acan? The one on the substrate or the one towards the left on top of the rock?

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Is that last pic with the new PC actinics? They really make a difference, colors seem to pop more in the photo.

Yeah... the tank is much brighter now with a little more of a bluish tint.

I had noticed some of my shots were coming out a little dark so I've also been playing with my Sony Cybershot's (EV) Exposure value. It really helps to get rid of the darker shadows.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I'm a confused about something in your pic though. Which one is the new Aussi Lord Acan? The one on the substrate or the one towards the left on top of the rock?

Here it is... It's on the substrate.

DSC01512.jpg

tbittner

It's interesting that it looks completely red in the FTS. What is the coral on top, towards the left then? It looks like an Acan too.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Here's a shot of one of my Genicanthus Semifasciatus... Japanese Masked Swallowtail.

DSC01612.jpg

rmlevasseur

How about a recap on your entire lighting system now? It is amazing. Frankly your tank is the only thing preventing me from buying the Solaris.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
How about a recap on your entire lighting system now? It is amazing. Frankly your tank is the only thing preventing me from buying the Solaris.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback. It's nice to hear from fellow reefers that understand what this hobby is all about.

It cracks me up when friends come over and all they ask is... why don't I have more fish in the tank? :lol:

rmlevasseur... here's my lighting breakdown.

I received my PFO PC retrofit kit and added it to my current lighting, which consists of a 72" Hamilton Lighting retrofit. Three 250W Geisemann 13K SE on electronic ballasts with 2 96W PC... dual actinic 420nm and 460nm.

I added 2 96 watt 460nm 7200K bulbs to give me a total wattage of 1134W. Definitely makes a difference visually... let's see if it does anything to my corals.

BTW... I'm very impressed with the quality of PFO products... the dual ballasts come in a really nice (solid) enclosure with dual switches. The cables are also top notch... :thumbup:

Before

DSC01555.jpg

After...

NOTE... This shot is taken at a +1 (EV) Exposure value on my Sony Cybershot. It reflects more closely what you would see if you were looking at the tank in person. Even though my new lighting does make my tank brighter with a more bluish tint, my older shots were actually a little darker than what you would see in person.

DSC01581.jpg

bigfish

yes i would just like you to know that your tank is my PC background and get more questions on it then my tank 3 ft away!