Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

Miltonic

tank is looking awesome it makes me want to get a few more rocks lol

loving all the zoas and your dogs even though im more of a cat person.

plecosword

wow nice pictures! you have to share some of those red zoanthids! ive never seen ones like it.
those are good coral pics, now you need to learn how to phtograph fish! like tangs, those are really hard.

seafansar

Nice tank! My mom does dog rescue and has a border collie that looks exactly like yours right now. Cute dogs!

Jeremy0322

Becky - thanks for stopping over! Its about darn time!!

Nice tank! My mom does dog rescue and has a border collie that looks exactly like yours right now. Cute dogs!

I honestly dont know if I ever wont own one if given the ability too, I had one since before I can remember, he grew up with me, and a few years ago was diagnosed with cancer, went septic, and we had to put him to sleep, it was like...the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I didnt think Tyco would be able to fill that gap but so far hes doing a pretty good job, however I will say that I didnt think it was possible to get a dog more energetic than a Border Collie until I got one mixed with Aussie Shepherd, I swear he does meth at night just so hes HYPER during the day...like whoa! I dont know if the apartment I get in NC is going to let dogs so he may have to stay up here while im down there, which will really suck. I LOVE them though, favorite dogs by far.

Anyways, I have more pictures for everyone, this photography thing is a horrible habit, now im going to be going out and buying my own pimpin camera when I move...:smack:

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Byrd

Hey Jeremy like the tank and yes those photos are poppn' I wish I could get my digi cam to get that quality, I know its capable I just would have to read the manual and that aint happen-LOL

Anywho now that things are wrappin up on my build I can actually surf thru others chrons and see was up.

I'm sure we'll see more photos, just remember to let Mom use her camera once in a while

rlcline76

I know Jeremy, I am horrible.
I love fluorescing corals. Sometimes even the drab ones look outstanding under the right lighting. I had boring brown button polyps which fluoresced a deep green. I was going to take them with me for the next tank...I ended up selling it, but I can get those anywhere.

Jeremy0322

Alright, well I am on the way back from Wilmington and have some free time in the car so I figured I would throw an update this way. I dont know if this tank is coming down with me, talking to a few of the apartment people down there as well as a few of the students this is a little big for an apartment, so if I cant take it down I would like to downsize, I really dont want to get rid of anything. I am going to start the search for a 30 breeder I think, and then just put the 90 in storage for a few years and set it up once college is over. I will use the same sump I have right now, the same rock and sand, fish, corals, and then probably the lights depending on if I can set them up in a 36" format, ill have to look it up. Just figured I would let everyone know this was a possibility I guess, not real excited about it but school comes before a fish tank i guess.

Basile

Sorry to hear about that buddy. Its true you might have less time for a tank while studying. What your gona study takes lots of hours so look at it this way i guess. Hope the transfer goes well. Good to hear from you, was wondering where you where for the last few days. Take care.:chair:

jgking21

Jeremy those were some nice shots, sorry I missed them earlier! Just to give you an idea: When I moved back to NC, I left my 25 running with my parents watching it. Then I set up my 54 here to cycle and go through that process. I was going to get the stuff from the 25 and transfer into the 54. Somehow my g/f let me set up the 25 so I didn't have to make the transfer right away. Anyways what I'm getting at is if you can keep the 90 running for awhile, you can get the new set up running and your first trip home get the stuff you want to transfer. This really depends on if you have someone to watch your 90. Just wanted to throw that out for you, Good Luck!

Jeremy0322

Frankie - thats the idea, plus if all goes well I may get to play on real reefs for a while!

King - thanks for the idea. The only thing I am SUPER worried about is I am going to look into studying abroad, so I really dont know what I would do with it then. I will hopefully have a better idea about all of that though before its time to move it.

Basile - Yea, sorry I havent been around much, it was really really busy though. I was looking for appts, getting orientated, registered, and figuring out all the other small college related stuff in a day and a half, then I drove through the night last night for 11 hours to make it home today. I should be able to make it around and catch up with some of your threads later on though, its uber nap time right now.

Basile

Hey jeremy , my turn to have a secret project, your the one who gave me the idea to make this project , a secret one, lol. Its almost ready, can't wait to show it to ya and see what you think.:biker

Willie McDaries

jeremy,I hope everything turns out as good or better than you have
planned,you concentrate on an excellent education,and work hard at it,it will all fall in place for you, and good luck to you

basile,is being sneaky,he's up to something....now we are for sure gonna have to keep an eye on him :)

Jeremy0322

Hey Jeremy were you thing about a turf scrubber?

I am thing of one and was wondering.......... :)

Ill pm you...

I was thinking about one for a while but decided against it for reasons that I dont remember, meaning it was probably just me being cheap. I am opening the idea up again if I am going to be moving the tank anyways, and I replied to your PM, I will look at some stuff tonight and draw something up for you :thumbup:

Jeremy0322

Alright, so I guess this is a somewhat update but I am also going to ask a "life choice" question I guess and see what people have to say about it.

I walked by the tank a few days ago and noticed some brown algae, nothing too bad, but it was definitely noticeable, so I ran the tests, all came back fine, did a water change and called it a day. I walked by it this afternoon and my cleaner shrimp was eating was looks like the remains of the Red Mandarin, and the brown algae got much worse :( I will assume the two are connected. So, that got me to thinking I guess.

I am leaving in less than 2 months, am holding off on buying anything livestock wise for the tank so I dont have to catch it, and am now dealing with some algae issues among other small things. I am moving almost 800 miles away from home to a new college, and money is a little too tight to be maintaining a tank that has little life in it. I am thinking about just taking it down now, storing it at home for a few months, and then if I can take it down with me just setting it back up and trying again. I WONT be leaving this hobby, thats for darn sure, I love every second of it, but taking a step back and looking at where life has taken me I am thinking setting a bigger tank up before leaving was somewhat irresponsible financially. This means I will have to go tankless for a few months, which I guess I can handle, I will still have RS, and I dont have any livestock in my tank thats too stunning really, and what is in there would probably sell pretty quickly here, and once its all gone I can just pull the rock and sand and let it sit then when I set it back up just cycle again, start from scratch, fix a few of the mistakes I have made already with this tank, and get an awesome tank up and running. Anyone have an opinion on this?