Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

plecosword

i just got a mandarin for my algae tank, my buddy lend it to me . I have an infestation of pods lol. They eat every algae i have. Not good for my algae tank and for my horses. So he lend it to me for a while.

Infestation of pod, id say thats a good thing!
too much of anything is usually bad though...

Jeremy0322

So, what does everything think of this little guy...

lg-69040-longnose-3.jpg

pretty fish, Michael_cb is about to get a pm, lol

Jeremy0322

Figured I would throw an update up over here before I start studying for the "Biological Statistics and Experimental Design" test that I have tomorrow...

Everything is doing good. I decided a put the mandarin in the DT, he didnt seem to be really eating and on the last day just sat in the corner for hours on end, i honestly though he was going to kick the bucket, so I went ahead and put him in the 90. I caught a glimpse of him hunting today, tearing pods up, so all should be good now. No signs of ick either, which hopefully means that he doesnt have it. I would assume with all the stress over the past few days/weeks it would have presented with something, but he seems happy, very skinny, but happy and eating away :bouncer:

The ballast was sent into IceCap on monday afternoon, and now im just waiting to hear back from them, it is under warranty, i send the receipt in with it, so it should be a free fix, which is another one of those "thank god" moments.

EVERY coral is open completely and happy somehow under the 130 watts of Actinic PC light over the 90 gallon tank, its strange. However, this could be because I have been making sure the tank is getting as much natural sunlight as possible during the daytime hours, every window is open all the way and it seems to be working pretty well.

My package from reefcleaners.org came in today, which reminds me that I have to PM John. I like free stuff, dont get me wrong, but I ordered 20 cerith snails, 15 nassarius snails, and the penny algae thing because..well..it was a penny. I got all the nassarius snails and the algae, but there had to be atleast 50-60 ceriths in that bag, I think there may have been a mix up or something, and he is a good enough guy that im going to ask and see what happened.

question, where can I get a grounding probe, preferably inexpensive. I put my hand in the tank and felt a shocking sensation on one of my fingers, however this finger has a cut and it may have just been the saltwater, but im not taking any chances really.

Im also working on a way to get some awesome frags at some pretty low costs, so I will keep everyone updated on that. Lets just say its a little bit of everything, and a lot of some of them.

Pictures will be up sometime, camera isnt home right now.

Basile

Yes i agree John's great, i'm getting stuff from him tomorrow, always good quality. thanks for the update man.

Jeremy0322

Talked to John, said since they are small to just keep them, he does that when they are really small is just throws some extras in there, awesome stuff there! Everything looks good, mandarin is still hunting, still waiting on ballast

Basile

Getting my stuff today from him; will post picture in my macro club, stay tune lol. Also picking up my marco rocks for my sculpture will post pictures in my 65 g thread.

260 watt PC Powerhouse!!! 4 bulbs at 65 watts a piece, 2 dual actinic and 2 dual daylight (6700k and 10,000k I think)

Again, would you expect anything else from me, 4 pages in 1 day is pitiful, we can do better team! And thanks, she is most definitely the most beautiful I have ever owned.

It looks like a current fixture......they now make one that has 4 x 96w PCs!

Jeremy0322

It looks like a current fixture......they now make one that has 4 x 96w PCs!

It was a 4x65 watt PC fixture that has been hardcore replaced by now, but I still run 2 of the bulbs as actinic supplementation for dusk and dawn.

Update time for everyone out there.

#1: Ballast came in the mail, and apparently nothing was wrong with it, so I installed the bulbs, plugged it in, and powered it up, 4 bulbs came on, 4 bulbs stayed on, so whatever, I have light now. Corals loved it, it was only on for about 5 hours today though and then I felt like it was a good time to shut it off.

#2: Mandarin is doing great, eating constantly and "seems" to be putting on a little bit of weight. Thats all I can ask for really. Also, no external symptoms of any parasites or other problems that come from not QT'ing, so I still have my fingers crossed on that one. I really hated the idea of not keeping him in the 10 gallon, but it was either he die or risk the big tank I guess.

#3: Working out a deal to get some awesome frags at some awesome prices, so I will keep everyone updated on that. Also, with that comes the need to remove some of the smaller "blander" stuff in the tank. There will be a thread posted in the "Livestock for sale" section here that you all should take a look at!

I think thats it for now, but if I think of anything else we all know I am not afraid to post again or edit.:lol: