January '09 POTM Contest!

XBwlr

My green Acanthastrea Lordhowensis.
greenacan1208.jpg

Emg

There are some awesome shots entered in this one ! My favorite right now I think is that first one....the jelly !

I don't think this one has a chance, but what the heck....here's my entry...

DSC09444-800.jpg

sambrinar

These are not the ones i entered but think they are pretty.
Debbsfish306.jpg

Debbsfish304.jpg

So sorry, got buried... Excellent, Zoas with the GSP? in the background.. which one are you gonna enter??

XB and EMG great picts as well... Can't wait till the voting starts, gonna be a good competition

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
miaskies - Thanks! I had to look up some common names as I just call it a pocillopora. Also called Cauliflower Coral, Lace, Cluster, and Brush Coral. The only photo I currently have in Photobucket under my metal halide (the actinics are also on) is this one back in July:

Pocillopora7_5_08.jpg

It's grown a lot since July. I really like it as the polyps on this green one are out 24 hours a day. I just ordered a pink one and hope it does as well.

miaskies

miaskies - Thanks! I had to look up some common names as I just call it a pocillopora. Also called Cauliflower Coral, Lace, Cluster, and Brush Coral. The only photo I currently have in Photobucket under my metal halide (the actinics are also on) is this one back in July:

Pocillopora7_5_08.jpg

It's grown a lot since July. I really like it as the polyps on this green one are out 24 hours a day. I just ordered a pink one and hope it does as well.

Wow! That is an sps, right? whare did you get it from if you don't mind me asking? Could i keep that under t-5's?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yes - Pocillopora are an SPS, and a relatively easy SPS to keep. I picked up mine at a local lfs, but most online coral places sell them. Medium lighting combined with a medium water movement, although they can do fine under metal halides as well. Mine is up on top under a 150W MH, but the information I have is that they will also do well under power compacts, VHO, and T-5’s as well, with a recommendation of at least 3W per gallon. I've seen them rated as both peaceful and semi-aggressive.

leahski

okay, here's my possible entry. it's not as sharp as i'd like...maybe i'll play around with it a little more before i put it in for good.
postspringbreak006.jpg

RockBox

WOW there are some really hot pics so far!

Here is a pic of a red lobo taken from my tank a year or so ago.

RedLobo01.jpg

Last edited:

Tru2nr

Here is my last day entry haha is one of my favorite peices that ricordia has 4 mouths on it and the one directly to the right is a month old split from that same peice
DSCN1624.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Not quite the last day yet! :)

Photos MUST be uploaded to the January '09 POTM Gallery by midnight (EST) January 1st!