January '09 POTM Contest!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:bouncer: It's photo contest time again so start uploading your photos!

January's photo contest theme will be "Actinic Only photos"!

Winner will receive a gift card of 50 dollars to a Reef Sanctuary sponsor of their choice.
This month's prize is donated by Sambrinar! Thank you!! :thumbup:

In addition, the winning photo will be paraded on our home page for one month!

Please review the entry regulations below and have fun!!
Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be an "Actinic Only Photo"! .
3) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
4) Photos MUST be uploaded to the January '09 POTM Gallery by midnight (EST) December 31st!
Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available January 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE: Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!

Once you upload your photo into the January '09 POTM Gallery, please post it here in this thread so we can see it!

Karma to all contestants~

Last edited:

new reefer 03

when you say actinics, does it get anymore detailed then that?
or can it be anything like a FTS, or a coral, or fish ?

sambrinar

Yep any shot with actinics! I love the look of the corals and fish under those lights! Come on Jeff let's see yours!

mantid

Well, I guess I'll be to one to start this one off. Upside down Jellyfish in my nano tank. Using actinic moonlights.

DSC_0022.jpg

chrome91

i'll have to hold off til the end of the month to enter, the ballast on my 250w halide blew a few days ago and im repairing it so the actinics are off too and all ive only got is a 150w halide on the tank. once the new IceCap comes in i can snap a pic

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
do we post the pics on this thread, or in the gallery you made note of?

Rules:
1) One photo per contestant,
2) Photo subject matter must be from the member's tank (or household tank) and must be an "Actinic Only Photo"! .
3) Photos that have previously won any other contest are not allowed,
4) Photos MUST be uploaded to the January '09 POTM Gallery by midnight (EST) January 1st!
Sorry, no moderators or administrators allowed to participate in this contest.

A voting poll for all uploaded photos will be available January 1st and will remain open through the 10th.

NOTE: Only photos uploaded into the photo gallery will be included in the voting poll!

Once you upload your photo into the January '09 POTM Gallery, please post it here in this thread so we can see it!

well that counts me out dont have a computer fastenough or a camera good enough to take good photos lol would my ligt fisture work? i havea coralife 50/50 fixture i could take out the other bulb and use the atinic one....

yah i tried it but i have dial up and a crappy cam i took a couple pics the batteries died on the cam and what pics i did take i cant upload on here the net speed is to slow dont wanna wait three hours to upload one pic but it looked damn cool thoe when just ran my atinic bulb!!!!! now if i run that at night will it help with photosynthisys on my mushroom and candy cane?

thinkin about posting one of the good pics that turned out tonight on my cam it sucks but its good enough i guess it would be awsome to win pic of the month and my birthday all in the same month lol it would be like a giant enet birthday present hahahhah ;)