January '08 Photo Contest

Frankie

RS STAFF
Lee got her clock today btw! Very generous or you both hma and Raf! I will post pictures of her with it later. (i lent my camera out :( )

Amphibious

hma,

I think I explained my misunderstanding in the post above yours. I didn't take your post as being directed at me.

Dick

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I obviously can't enter. But here is an encrusting red/pink monti I had, complete with beautiful slimey algae:
379redcap.jpg

Very nice Mike! :drooool:

kathywithbirds

Hey Frankie, is that blue rim a natural aspect of yours or is the lighting or something? Very cool.

And Heinz, did Scott ship that frag to Germany?

mps9506

Its the lighting Kathy. I am told it is a lensi or somthing or other. What ever! :D

hehe... I think BrianE supplied all of NC with frags of the purple or blue rim monti a few years back.
Kathy you should be able to find yourself a frag of that Monti somewhere in your neck of the woods. It does very well under 14-20k lighting. Whether or not it is a Leng Sy doesn't really matter, they are all purdy (NC speak).

dobejazz

I just noticed looking in the uploaded photo's that Dobejazz has two pictures uploaded. You can only have one picture in this contest.
Good luck to the contestants! I am excited to see who wins. :D

I deleted one :) It was the same pic twice. When I first tried to upload RS kept crashing on me - obviously the photo uploaded anyway

hma

Hey Frankie, is that blue rim a natural aspect of yours or is the lighting or something? Very cool.

And Heinz, did Scott ship that frag to Germany?

LoL .... no Kathy, that frag is poor GERMAN LoL .... it has never seen the USA! :snshne:

But my puffer fish have been glad about it very much, they always eat the growth, they are more growth retarding. :drool:

BTW ..... A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 to all of you !

mps9506

But my puffer fish have been glad about it very much, they always eat the growth, they are more growth retarding.
You know... I never really thought about using a puffer in a larger system to prune back growth of fast SPS corals. That is pretty neat. Great way to control some growth in Monti's and staghorn acros I imagine.
Must find one for Green Star Polyps and Xenia (heard some tangs can develop the munchies for xenia)...

hma

You know... I never really thought about using a puffer in a larger system to prune back growth of fast SPS corals. That is pretty neat. Great way to control some growth in Monti's and staghorn acros I imagine.
Must find one for Green Star Polyps and Xenia (heard some tangs can develop the munchies for xenia)...

yepp, I know Mike..... was an attempt, has not functioned! :away:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
hehe... I think BrianE supplied all of NC with frags of the purple or blue rim monti a few years back.
Kathy you should be able to find yourself a frag of that Monti somewhere in your neck of the woods. It does very well under 14-20k lighting. Whether or not it is a Leng Sy doesn't really matter, they are all purdy (NC speak).

Not just NC, I have an orange, green and purple rim LE Monti cap from BrianE...lol

Attachments

• 177_7743.JPG
    177_7743.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 20

kathywithbirds

I can't believe I forgot to upload my entry into the gallery... the shot was weak anyway. Now I got a KILLER photo of a starfish... what's the next month's category? Starfish??? How about starfish?????