Issues with RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottT1980

This issue has been resolved many pages ago. Please let it go you all, put some closure to this.

I don't think the issue has been resolved at all playa. As lucky alluded to, the issue was not just a thread being moved, ultimatly it was about consitency. As far as I can see, this issue has not beenaddressed by the mods.

Also, I think everyone is staying fairly objective and I know that I certainly will not hold a grudge against anyone here. Again, as I mentioned, it is just an ideological difference and nothing more.

The thread is turning out ot be rather cyclical but thankfully Lucky is doing a pretty good job moderating. Hey lucky, you might be getting a moderator job offer pretty soon ;)

Take er easy
Scott t.

Alf

Regardless of all the hoopla, Rob's thread was singled out of many similar threads. That may have been just a poor choice or just chance, but it WAS singled out.

If you say that lie one more time! I will lose my temper and be fired.
Did you read you own opening line in that thread?? I posted it for you. It was not a discussion at all it was a photo shoot. I stand behind what I did. Will do it again if you con't to lie and then I'm sure i will fired.

It would have all gone away if, instead of being adversarial, you had just said it was an error and fixed it (which did ultimately happen, thankfully).

Is that what you think happen here?? No! We didn't fix anything. It was never wrong as pointed out by both admins and members. You are the only one who thought it was wrong. Many didn't like it, many don't agree, but only you say it was totally wrong. And I don't anwser to you.

Instead you treat us (at least Rob) like hamburger. Not a single mod or admin has apologized to him. Trav, I already know you don't think you owe him an apology. That's the problem.

I want apologiz I did nothing wrong.

tankgirl

Crak, Lucky, you're both right.

Tooloud, again, the reason I don't like a members tank forum where All pics HAVE to be put, is because it's going to hurt the forum - guests browse Gen Discussion, then decide to stay based on what they see there.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I believe you ALF. Moving the thread really wasn't a 'mistake', but could be argued as a 'misjudgement'. No fault of your own, and you certainly do not owe anyone an apology. What needs to happen is a clear cut guideline for moving, deleting or editing threads and posts.

Crakeur

Lucky, my leaving nr was over a similar issue. It boils down to respect and treatment. As many of you know, and many others by now must have come to this conculsion, the nr members that all came in at the same time were collectively known as the jerks. We had a thread that basically only we posted in. It was an anything goes, no holds barred type of thread. We mocked eachother mostly but poked fun at anyone that came in to play. Nobody was serious about it and, for the most part, people knew that we were messing around.

Anyway, this group of people were the largest informational contributors to the site, as well as the largest financial contributors (we paid for that last server upgrade).

the thread was locked and shut down without warning and for no real reason. It was getting old and it wouldn't have mattered but we deserved a pm telling us "guys, I'm shutting the thread down because of ......(any rational reason would have sufficed)."

Instead we got locked out, were given doubletalk and runaround and mods started making excuses that were contrary to what other mods were telling us (one of us was a mod so we knew it was all b.s.).

That lack of respect was more than enough for our group so we left.

This is pretty much how I see Tankgirl's side of this. Again, I'm not taking a side or pointing fingers (not too much at least) but I do see her problem with the move and treatment.

tankgirl

I gotta disagree. Alf's attitude seems to be that we should all just shut up and accept his right to do whatever he wants without regard for fairness or singling one thread out.

Michael_Lambert

Originally posted by tankgirl
guests browse Gen Discussion, then decide to stay based on what they see there.

Do you have the evidence of this?

I know myself and many other ended up getting into the Reefing hobby because of see all the pictures.. NOT by reading all the debates in the General discussion forums And getting all confused like most newbies do when they read them! .. This is the only forum I'm on where they allow this to go on.. Every other forum I'm a member at.. has some sort of a members tank forum.. FOR post like the one you made about Robz tank! .

Again.. you are using your personal feelings to fuel this fire.. What ALF or who ever did .. was correct.. but for it to take this long for them to do it.. thats a different discussion.. I think that we should not be *****ing at the mods for doing what they did.. But for taking so long to do it!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I gotta disagree. Alf's attitude seems to be that we should all just shut up and accept his right to do whatever he wants without regard for fairness or singling one thread out.
Then that is another issue that needs to be discussed behind closed doors. Let us try not to read between the lines and make any assumptions over what has been typed. What he has said may be interpreted as harsh, but he came into this discussion on the ropes as it is. Give him a fair shake and I am sure he will explain his position.

Michael_Lambert

this is one persons view, you are the only one who has expressed that what was done was Wrong! .. We all agree that maybe how it was done.. either picking that thread to be the first.. or not advising the person of doing it.. what ever! .. But what he did was not incorrect!..

And i think that ALF did the right thing.. Possible should have done it sooner but did the right thing.. and i think that it was a chicken Sh!t move on the admins side to move the thread back! .. What was done was done correctly.. in my eyes.. and many others!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Originally posted by Toooloud
this is one persons view, you are the only one who has expressed that what was done was Wrong!
Not true... And her concerns are just as important as any. Even IF she were the only one who felt this way.

tankgirl

Tooloud, I think you're not reading all of the posts? Many others in this thread have clearly stated that moving Robs thread the way it was done, was wrong in their opinion, too.

Alf, I said nice things about you, but your aversarial histrionics aren't helping. And, trying to bully me into shutting up will only make me stay longer.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
And i think that ALF did the right thing.. Possible should have done it sooner but did the right thing.. and i think that it was a chicken Sh!t move on the admins side to move the thread back! .. What was done was done correctly.. in my eyes.. and many others!
Whoa... Don't knock what the admin's have done to help rectify the problem. It just isn't fair to them.

What I find distressing in all this is the defensiveness I see. Frankly, I understand TG's feelings on this, because sarcastic comments about the `planet sarcophyton' and other comments I guess I just don't think help solve problems.

I mean zero disrespect, but I also understand TG and others points ... and yet it seems some members have decided it's there place to defend the board/mods/admins. If you don't see what her point is, and have already chimed in ... perhaps then you should move to another thread.

I see her point, am sad that the photo forum is not going to be the good stuff I've learned off Travis and others about taking photos and that end of things ... I mean, if I want to see pretty pictures - I can go to the gallery or other such places. If I go to the `general discussion' I expect to see a lot of photos, some threads that are almost all photos. Big deal.

But I do understand the concern and upset about moving threads around, the seeming variance in how things are treated ... and the disconnect between these things happen and those posters/contributors who are involved. PM's are a good thing, much to explain to members why things are happening as to hash out problems. I almost wish there were an auto-PM attached to many Mod actions [other sites more than here] ... but so those affected would get notice that it happened, why ... and not needing to figure out why these things are happening, who has done them.

Just a thought/ opinion. We're all entitled to our own :)

Michael_Lambert

Im not saying that how she felt is not important.. Because if it wasn't this thread would not be here...

But the fact that She is the only one who feels that that "Picture related" thread should be left in the General discussion and not a picture related fourm is what im talking about!

Like it was said before there must be somthing that is not being said.. What was done soo wrong. .

do i have this incorrect??

the thing that was done soo wrong was..

ALF.. did his job.. and relocated a Photo related thread to a Photo related forum?

Alf

Originally posted by LuckyInk
I believe you ALF. Moving the thread really wasn't a 'mistake', but could be argued as a 'misjudgement'. No fault of your own, and you certainly do not owe anyone an apology. What needs to happen is a clear cut guideline for moving, deleting or editing threads and posts.

Nope no misjudgement. The photo forum was build to place photo threads and that is what the opening line intended. The reason it was built was so that general discussion is discussion not a photo shoot.

Un less I am addressed personaly or lied about I will no longer participate in this thread. I will only become more angry. I don't agree with the move back to where it was but hey it's not my call. My judgement was reversed. No big deal. Travis made his decission and didn't ask my opinon at all. So hey you got what you wanted. If you have other issues point them out.

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Folks the moving of this thread was not done with ill intent. It was just moved based on a mods conception of where a thread like that should be. period, plain and simple. We have now reviewed this and have stated that we set new guidlines for what goes in the photography forum and not. That is a dead issue...very dead..
On the issue of editing and or deleting. Although I am not a fan of editing, I can garrantee that no thread was edited with out a reason. We have two sides on this issue. One side is that of some members that wish to use language and innuendo that is not appropriate, the other side is that of the mods that are being complained to by members about the above and are reacting to eliminate the problem at hand.
Their is a very easy fix to this problem. dont post about sexual innuendo or curse or push folks buttons and the mods will not be put in a position where they need to remove that content. Simple stuff and a whole lot of drama isnt really needed.
On the few that have been picked on. your right you were more closely watched. The reason, you like to play on the edge, admittedly you pushed peoples buttons and used sexual innuendo, cursed and so on. You cant honestly tell me that you wouldnt expect to be watched more closely???? if the tables were reversed you wouldnt do the same??? come on now. I dont think the mods go out looking for every word that every member says to see if its OK or not. But if thier are folks that are know to like to play that game well, then I guess its human nature to keep a closer eye on them. Again I dont think this comes with out being expected.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.