Issues with RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

caja

Originally posted by reefrunner
These opinions have been that of Kevin Riley and do not necessarily reflect the views of Reef Sanctuary or any of it's members.

bwahahaha! way to end the maifesto reefrunner! I love it.

did you know...I'm sure you do, that it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile? thanks reefrunner for helping to inject some much needed humor into a thread that has been beaten to within an inch of it's life.

travis, terri and mods, I have to say, as a full fledged "jerk" and former mod at NR, I applaud you for coming forward and addressing the issue. the deal that Crakeur mentioned earleir that went down at NR was swept under the carpet even after many repeated request from other members wanting to know why we were leaving. those threads were closed and no further discussion was allowed. I spent a couple days interacting with the admin and other mods, acting as a go between and it should never have ended that way, nor should I have been put into that position. it should have been left out on the board for all to participate in. You have done the right thing leaving this out for everyone to voice their opinion. I hope that those that have voiced thier opinions realize that travis and terri could have simply done the same and locked this thread. It's a tough job being a mod. guidelines need to be set and communication is key.

happy modding and by god, I sure don't miss it.

carry on...

kennerd

Originally posted by reefrunner
don't limit or harness your mods

I am unfamiliar with the art of mod-harnessing. I hope that wasn't an off-color comment on another "lifestyle hobby"....

Caja, don' play schoolgirl games. You dig me, you know it, and I can live with it. Using words like "tolerate" in this thread is only a blatant attempt to win points with those just scanning the thread.

In all seriousness, I agree that airing this out is a good thing. Even the few that starting posting in here that it was a waste of time/bandwith and patience have gotten into it.

>bump<

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I am unfamiliar with the art of mod-harnessing. I hope that wasn't an off-color comment on another "lifestyle hobby"....

I have been pushing for it to become an olympic sport, but have garnered very little support in my efforts ;)

Michael_Lambert

Ken .. are you disagreeing that it is now waste of time?

The issue has been resolved.. we are all going to sit and wait and see what the out come is from it.. But yet people are still posting to this thread!

Myself included.. Just as guilty.. I think this thread is really at a point where it needs to be closed..

Everyone involved has stated there thoughts.. Tankgirl did get her point across because the said thread is now back where it was.. and new guide lines have now been placed.. So lets wait and see! .

Someone needs to step up and close this crap.. and let everyone move on! Because if this thread remains open.. its human nature we are all going to keep on ripping it in this thread!

wooddood

the wood dude
tooloud i could'nt agree more with you this thread has gone on long enough, evryone has voiced their opinion and now it's time to move on. the situation has been resolved lets move on pleeeeease! travis please close this thread.

kennerd

Addicting, though, isn't it? Personally, I don't think it's a waste of my time, but it really seems to be ticking you off. I don't think it's slowing the site down any, and it's in a dark corner of the site anyway. Unsubscribe, or ignore it.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Someone needs to step up and close this crap.. and let everyone move on! Because if this thread remains open.. its human nature we are all going to keep on ripping it in this thread!

I think the thread has moved in a different direction since the original issue, if you do not want to read it, or post to it...well, you have the power ;) But if you really want it closed, calling the thread this crap, is bound to start another argument, that's is very likely to get it shut down, so the ball is in your court, either ignore it from this point on, or do what is necessary to make it go away.
wink1.gif

caja

Originally posted by kennerd
You dig me, you know it, and I can live with it.
oh I dig you baby. no doubt about it. just giving you a chance to puff up and ruffle your feathers a bit. gets me every time.

Michael_Lambert

So you agree to allow the thread to stay open.. where people are going to continue to read , View and reply to it.. Just so that it hogs up Bandwidth! ..

As for Ticking me off.. Not at all.. As for ignoring it.. how is that going to resolve the issue! You have to look at the big picture.. I'm sure if you where paying for the board you would have a different view on it..

I really don't think that people like to see the money go to waste on crap like this!.

This thread has now become useless.. There has been no new issues brought up.. and if there are new issues they should be brought up in a new thread! .. this thread should not be closed.. and allow it to be archived.. as there is really no more need for people to reply to it.. As the more people who reply.. it keeps the thread up top .. where anyone logging on will see then log in to see if anything new has been added that is worth reading.. then will then see that there is not. and will close it.. SO it would be considered a waste of time and Bandwidth.. and Should be closed!

Michael_Lambert

Originally posted by Toooloud

I really don't think that people like to see the money go to waste on crap like this!.

This statement is toward.. the "Thread Crapping" that is going on in this thread.. NOT The initial thread concerns or comments! .. I totally see Tankgirls concerns... and my comments here have nothing to do with that!

caja

frankly, I don't see how me stating that I dig Ken is a waste of bandwidth. if I can't post it here then where the heck can I post it?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
SO it would be considered a waste of time and Bandwidth.. and Should be closed!

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. The fact that this thread is still open says more about the character of this board and admins than any of the infighting in it or issues brought up.

As for ignoring it.. how is that going to resolve the issue!

Sometimes the simple act of getting an issue out into the light or venting, is enough to resolve an issue, and some issues have no resolution, being able to discuss them is still beneficial.

Michael_Lambert

Originally posted by caja
frankly, I don't see how me stating that I dig Ken is a waste of bandwidth.

Anytime anyone opens to View a thread it uses up bandwidth.. So every time someone replies to this thread.. there are what? 100 + members want to see what was said! .. As someone Else has stated.. Its addicting.. everyone wants to see what is going to happen next!

Either way..

The mods and admins will decide how they are going to run the board.. and its there decision!

wooddood

the wood dude
ok i think i will ignore it from here on, and kennard were you refering to me ? because we'll go to a pm if you want. i will not post to this thread again. enough is enough come on. it's been resolved.

Like I said before some people still dont know why TG started this tread and keeps moving the topic in a different direction.
And is funny because the people that claim that ROBZ pics should be in the Photo Forums is the one posting a dozen pics!Let the Mods decide what they want to do!
Lets finally call it over when everybody say I'm sorry for what I said about you and shake hands!
We are here for the same reasons to learn and enjoy reefkeeping!So have a little respect for our fellow members.

VINA

jojopus

the thread itself doesnt waste any bandwidth...its just text. The people constantly browsing the thread...well, that hogs up bandwidth.

Im happy that i could contribute......

caja

Originally posted by VINA DEL MAR
Lets finally call it over when everybody say I'm sorry for what I said about you and shake hands!
only if you take that silly little buzzer out of the palm of your hand first.

Michael_Lambert

Originally posted by VINA DEL MAR
So have a little respect for our fellow members.

VINA

And what about respecting the jobs of the moderators and post in the correct forums?

and as for the posting of Dozens of pics! .. YES! ! I have.. and YES i will contiune.. now if you find that funny.. Good for you! .. As many know.. i am in and out ... all the time.. Not a whole lot of time to spend on the boards.. BUT when i am on here.. I LOVE TO SHARE my pictures!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.