Issues with RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgirl

Hi Scott, I respect your opinion. As for;
it is far more visible in a photography forum
even Tooloud admits;
Just like you and everyone eles.. I want to get the maxium exposure... lol ,

Everyone, this isn't just wasted space. We, in a discussion like this, form a consensus about what is right and what is wrong. Every word here is a vote for how things should be done.

kennerd; THAT was truly funny!

Lucky, yep,
TG, you are obviously miffed about something bigger than your original post.

When Teri and Trav were treated like hamburger by Scrooge, after all their hard work, time and effort on his behalf - I was the first person (or certainly one of them) who stood up - loud and clear - about that. I dropped everything I was doing to lend them my support and any help I could. This is about setting guidelines for the treatment of members - it's about making sure that the rules apply indiscriminately and are fair and about making sure members are treated as valued and important.

Tooloud, your opinion, that we should all increase the traffic in the photo forum is obvious. I just don't agree and I'm not alone in that.

Last edited:

Michael_Lambert

Tankgirl..

Seriously hun... I'm not looking to get into anything .. with anyone.. you included..

But yes.. I did state that because its true!.. And i do strongly believe that this is maybe one of the reason the mods are finally doing this.. Who wants to post a thread.. Go through all the work of doing up the images and captions and posting them.. if no one is going to see them!! So Yes.. by making it straight across the board.. and move all the photo related threads into one forum.. that would solve everyones issues!

The ultimate resolution is!!!!!

1) Create the new Forum.. " Members tanks", " Eye Candy" , "Just wanna Brag" what ever!!! For all Photo related threads.. Where people can post there pictures and show them off!!!

2) Stick Robs thread as a Sticky on the very top of the list!.. as a example as to what we all really really want to shoot for!!

Thanks
Michael!

ScottT1980

TG, we obviously will just see things differently from an ideological standpoint and ultimately, that is what makes the world go round so no worries. Regardless, I have and always will appreciate your contribution to this site (and others).

Let me ask you this TG, if Travis/Teri and co. consitently moved all the tank picture threads to the photography forum, would this be a non-issue?

tankgirl

Tooloud, okay, but I just don't agree with you. I think our best model is a Gen. Discussion forum that has a lot of threads and a lot of new stuff (as well as recurring favorites that are brought back up). That's a great board.

Scott, ditto. :)

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
When Teri and Trav were treated like hamburger by Scrooge, after all their hard work, time and effort on his behalf - I was the first person (or certainly one of them) who stood up - loud and clear - about that. I dropped everything I was doing to lend them my support and any help I could. This is about setting guidelines for the treatment of members - it's about making sure that the rules apply indiscriminately and are fair and about making sure members are treated as valued and important.
Cool. I agree. Now the ball is in the admin's court, right? I am sure in their forum they are discussing what to do next. Now lets allow them to do the job they have volunteered to do and make adjustments. I have faith that the admins and mods can work out a 'guideline' to follow about moving, deleting or editing threads that we all can agree on.
And when I say 'I have faith', I know you do as well. I can tell that you genuinely want this to pan out. You have invested lots of time into this board and it shows. Lets allow the guys and gals who maintain this site to do their thing. Then if there is another issue, let us address it once it presents itself.
Sound like a plan?

Michael_Lambert

Then why do we have other forums at all? Why not just have the General Discussion! ..

Why !!!!

its becouse when people come to this forum looking for what they need.. or want.. they need to be able to find it..

How many times have you gone back through the forums looking for one thread? Thousand of threads later.. how are you going to find it.. if everything is barried in one Forum Topic!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I know, I know.....
We can all agree that moving threads is an issue for TG... Right?
We can also agree that some of us think that it is not a big deal.
The way I see it is if one of our member has an issue, it is an issue that need to be handled in the same manner as if it were your own. No matter how big or small, that persons issue is just as important. So please, let us not talk about how unimportant this is. Becasue in the end, it is VERY important to someone...

tankgirl

Tooloud,
Yeah, there's a reason for other forums. But, the idea that ALL pictures belong in the photo forum is pretty awful. Pictures carry information even better than words do. I'm pretty sure that guests browse the Gen. Discussion forum first - then if they are intrigued by the threads, maybe they'll join andexplore further.

Thanks, again, Lucky.

Michael_Lambert

I'm not knocking how important it is to anyone! ..

But where does it all end?

TG is upset about the thread being moved? but seriously.. What makes that thread more important than anyone Else thread? We have all had threads moved at some point in our Internet lives.. But what makes that thread.. better than everyone Else? Is it because he posted "images" i think so..

Can anyone tell me what the Main "Discussion" was in that thread?

Michael_Lambert

That thread was started as a Picture thread! .. The title says it all! ..

It was not created as a Discussion thread.. it was meant to bring attention to one persons tank!.. for all to see.. Pictures! ..

That is the perfect candidate for a Picture related forum.. So seriously .. How can you argue that!

tankgirl

Every thread is important to at least one person, if not more. Nobody's is more important. Rob's thread just happens to be a very popular thread, but that doesn't make it More important.
The main discussion was about Rob's tank. Many questions in that thread about his techniques, equipment, husbandry and maintainance practices.

Since I started that thread, I don't think you can insist you're sure what it's about.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Toooloud,
I think we have moved past that. We all understand that there are specific forums for specific topics. The issues at hand (which was an undertone to the orignial post) was of being treated with equality. If one post was moved, why not them all? If one post was edited, why not them all? If one person was banned, why not them all? I think the answers to all questions is that (a) all threads similar would be moved eventually, and/or (b) this was one issue componded with several.
Whether one post, person or thread was messed with is not the issue. I think it is deeper than that.

Michael_Lambert

So then it goes back to the Question that was asked of TG..

If a Forum is made that is For Members tanks!! ..

Would she have a issue of that thread.. as we as the others.. Mine included being moved to that said thread..

Playa

Scott typed:

"TG, again, I am on no one's side and ultimatly hope that a resolution is found."

This is for everyone:

Did you all miss the post from Travis where he said things are resolved regarding the handling of threads with pictures?

Cause you all just keep poking at each other and somewhat finding a way to get feelings deeply involved.

This issue has been resolved many pages ago. Please let it go you all, put some closure to this.

If other issues are of concern, then of course please do adress them.

But the issue of threads with pictures was resolved from Travis and the staff yesterday. There have been so many posts, that maybe some of you missed that.

Peace peace peace:))))))))))))))

Please let us be friends and forgive each other and burry grudges.

Come on friends:)

Best regards and wishes!

Luis

Crakeur

y'all are harping on minutia of the thread. the thread was massive and had been in one section for a long time. To suddenly move it was an odd act but one chosen by the mod that moved it.

It seems to me that main issue here is that TG was upset, voiced an opinion and then received doubletalk from the mods and T&T defended the move and their mods in a more forcefull tone.

Had the thread been put back and a simple "sorry, my bad" issued, I think it's safe to say this thread wouldn't be 12 pages long. Also, had a mod pm'd Robz (it was his thread, right?) and said, I moved your thread for such and such reasons, it might have been more clear.

The mods' reactions clearly further enhanced tankgirl's opinions regarding some of the issues this site has. I think it has been established by some of the mods that the handling was wrong. Can't go back and change it but you can go forward in not handling the manner the same way.

Customer's always right folks, even if they are wrong. (not saying TG is right or wrong - blanket statement.)

Tankgirl, if I am wrong on this, I'm sorry for the post but it sure seems that the issue isn't necessarily the thread move as much as the treatment of the move and subsequent return to the original forum and how they treated you in regards to the episode.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I cant speak for her, but I doubt it. And keep in mind she isn't the thread police and I dont see her hen picking every thread and where it goes. Again, the issue isn't where things go, it is about how things are being changed, moved, or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.