Introducing myself

animalfan

Hello,
My name is Lisa and my husband and I just got a 29 gal biocube. This is the first attempt at salt water but we have a 55 gal fresh water aquarium. I wanted a nano cube after we got one at work (I work with birds) for our enjoyment. It has been an awesome experience and I enjoy watching all the life in the aquarium as they go about their daily lives. I wanted one of my own that I can enjoy in my own home but not a large one yet as I am still learning about it. Anyway, we just put our first lives in it last night which is;
1 peppermint shrimp
2 narcissus snails
1 candy cane coral
1 green star polyp
It looks real bare at the moment but we are looking forward to watching it grow. I will post pictures when I get them downloaded. I am looking forward to learning from all of you.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Lisa :wave:
:welcomera Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!
I hope you get to feel at home here & share your SW tank with us. Look forward to pictures (after your 5th post, you can add photos)
Lots of really nice members here to help you with SW differences from FW. :)
BEST WISHES :biker

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to Reef Sanctuary!

Congrats on your first "salty" tank. It's very addictive so you might wan to go and allocate more room for larger tank(s) and don't be afraid to move walls to accommodate them :)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Feel free to ask any question that you may have along the way.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Lisa,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

FishTaleZ

Hi Lisa and welcome! Looking forward to watching your journey. We all love pics and lots of them! :chair:

jkef2010

:welcomera to RS this place is great. The people are great. Everything is great here at RS. Everyone is real helpful so if you have any question's or concerns don't hesitate to ask someone will always help or point you in the right direction.

animalfan

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I have been really enjoying our new tank and after showing a couple pics that I took of the new critters I was informed that it is not a peppermint shrimp that we have but a cleaner shrimp, no matter, I think it is adorable anyway, and the snails are both turbos. I guess I am better at identifying parrots but hope to get better at the sea life as well. I did add some more star polyps and some pulsing coral this evening but really like the Chromies and am hoping that we can get some of them next. I am not really sure how or when I can start posting pictures but I am taking pictures as we add so once I figure it out I will post them.

lbiminiblue

welcome! To upload pictures here, make a photobucket account and upload your pictures there. Once you have, view them in the library and copy the IMG code. It'll make sense when you see it. Welcome!