IMPORTANT: Upgrading

ReefLady

Staff member
Hi everyone!

Well, it's well past time to update the software that RS runs on. This will mean some down time as the software packages are installed. I will have to take the forums down for at least an hour to run a database backup. After that, it could be a couple more hours (assuming all goes well!!!) before we're back up and running.

One thing to note: The upgrade will likely break our home page, but the forum page may be up sooner than the home page. You can try by going to http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums

There are several pieces of software to update, and all of them have been customized to some degree. So there will inevitably be bugs and loss of some of our favorite functionalities. You can feel free to note any bugs here in this thread, and also check back for progress updates.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Travis

ReefLady

Staff member
Either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how far I get with the prep work. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I'm not to sure it is going to be anything we all see. It is more then likely stuff to keep us going the way we have been already.

Thanks for the heads up T! Happy New Year :)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK so long story short...

I can't continue the upgrade until our server is upgraded to a new version of PHP. Unfortunately, the script I ran from VBulletin said the server was set up properly but after I installed the software I found out it had lied.

For now, I'm leaving the forums open although the portal system (home page and stuff) won't be working... no sense in fixing that just to do it all over again.

Sorry again for the inconvenience... all in the name of progress!

Check back here for updates.

T

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Travis - Thanks for getting us up & running again, even if everything isn't there yet. I'm sure a lot of us were having Reef Sanctuary withdrawal symptoms! :)

Happy New Year!

ReefLady

Staff member
Yup, been a long night/morning but the core features are here and working.

See announcement for more details.

Ashr

The new looks great. Is there going to be a way to change the color of the forums at all?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Finding the "New Post" button (top left - under Home) helped me get going
009.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
fyi - Travis just noticed in this post... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...9-best-media-red-sea-max-130d.html#post902028

CPE & Purigen

but nothing beats not overfeeding & 15% weekly water changes, imo - a must for my tank - with the above chemical filtration - Cheers !

this "appeared" 15%

I just saw this in another post:

"I think a weekly H2O approx 10-20%. Plan on adding more rock ......"

It looks like the % (percent sign) wasn't recognized correctly.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Nice work Terry I think you figured it out !

no big deal... for me

the &#37 ... was a % sign, I now can tell that - Cheers !

QuentinB

Lets find out: %

Good work, Terry!

Edit: well that obviously worked. Must be something between the old and new? Maybe with the number in front? 10%

Edit2: lol, nope. now I feel dumb, haha...