Ians RSM 250 thread - better late than never.

alfaman

Thanks buddy, everything is growing really nicely, I am using the Red Sea Max reef care program including the no-pox however I am starting to get a bit of red slime algae on the sand and a few rocks again and for no particular reason!? Other than that, I am still enjoying the hobby immensely, beats smoking... (Which is why I started this hobby, never looked back)

alfaman

Bad news, my tank had some deaths... The low alk, (mag and calc) made some flesh hang out their skeleton, some died, some were saved (I think)
My first major set back, not sure if it was the NP pellets or just a general lack of dosing correctly. Poor little corals, yes I can replace them with not much effort but that's not the point, they were animals after all :(

It was my tanks 1st birthday a week ago and it wasn't a great present I can tell you, anyway that also means 1 year off of the fags though! :) Yipee
Bummer, looks like my pics also disapeared from my thread when I sold my company (I hosted the images on the server)

Anyway, will have to update this thread soon. I still update my video channel though (See my sig)

Take care all.

Ian

alfaman

Very nice alfaman, how long has it been up and running.

Tok

Hi Tokalosh, the tank has been up just over a year now! Thanks for all the nice comments from you all!

I have finally got around to re-taking and resizing some photos small enough to upload here :)
I have tried to take images of all corals, fish and major equipment added to tank.

Thanks very much for your interest in my thread.

Ian :) :shades:

IMAG0616_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0617_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0618_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0619_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0612_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0614_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0615_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0592_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0593_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0594_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0595_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0596_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0597_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0598_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0585_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0586_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0587_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0588_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0589_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0590_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0591_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0577_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0578_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0579_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0580_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0581_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0582_smallreef.jpg

Last edited:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Playboy has fewer pics! Wow awesome!

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

alfaman

This is all of the equipment added/swapped out, I also replaced the heater with a Rena 200w as I heard the Red Sea are prone to go wrong!

88a4_1.JPG

IMAG0613_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0608_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0605_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0606_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0599_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0600_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0601_smallreef.jpg

IMAG0602_smallreef.jpg

alfaman

I have to say, when I bought the ecotech battery backup system, I thought it waqs more money Id just wasted but recently I had three power outages in the same week, although the fish looked quite stressed after electricity being off for around 5 hours, they did at least survive as the ecotech battery backup kept circulating and had enough power to create agitation although I did have to move it up to the top of the tank.

If the UK can suffer from local power outages, anywhere can so go get your battery backups, I owe the life of my tank to it however annoying it is to spend money on such things.

Thanks for reading and I apologise for so many pics