I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msigler

You should get a professional to set it up but come here to get info to tell your professional how to set it up...

:down: I have been wondering about this ever since I seen how many gallons it was. Most people dont start off with a 2000 gallon tank. Even though he said it came with the house.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I think we're getting off topic now, and some of these latest posts seem to be of a flaming nature. Not good!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I'm thinking about setting up a 15,000 gallon tank. i'll make a new thread. (hey, if im gonna do an imaginary tank, its gonna be HUGE.) its gonna be a cylinder, going from the first floor, up thru the 2nd, to the roof, using natural sunlight. mostly sharks, jellyfish, sps, lps, and large angels. nothing crazy.

Any advice on what to keep my PH at? ;)

I think that is enough flaming on this thread.
None of you know what this persons story is. For all you know he went away on vacation.
I do know one thing though, posts like this one are not tolerated on RS and not what we are about here. Take it over to Reef Central Online Community (<--provided you the door) if you like.

SFSwimmer is more then likely the real deal considering his location, posts and situation.
If any of you have a problem with this thread then just don't reply. I am very disappointed in the way some of you have welcomed this new member and am not surprised to see him not replying to your posts.
Some of you have taken months to build a nano. Give the guy a break.
Frank~

Msigler

Sorry guys. I was out of line. Won't happen again. I like it here and don't want to go to that other forum. Can you delete my posts?

PIMPALA

I was just messin around, not actually flaming. RC is horrible and I won't ever go back there.

But point taken, sometimes sarcasm isn't translated well on the Internet.

I apologize.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I think leaving the posts serves as a learning experience to others reading this thread, as to what is not acceptable on Reef Sanctuary. Without those posts it makes the mod posts meaningless. Time to just get back on topic and hope that the thread owner can continue on with getting help and feedback. :)

REEFMAN1

Has been struck by the ban stick
LOL, who's flaming??? I believe his story. But maybe he doesn't know digital camera's have been around for years. I mean if he has this much interest in our help how hard can it be to post 1 pic? I am not flamming, but if it was me the topic would be full of pics. All and welcome to the forum.

Mike

BigJay

You have to realize or should have realized by the OP's comments that reefing is not a high priority hobby. Getting the tank was a happenstance of buying the house, not buying the house to get the tank. Several comments were made that they considered just removing the tank all together. If we can get water into his tank I am sure we can convert him to full on reef geek but as of right now it appears to me that it may be more of a burden then an excitement.

JandR

+1 ^ I agree, and I'm sure with all the moving he has to do to accomadate a house big enough for 2200g tank he has his hands full already at this point. 2 years ago before I got into SW and reefing I would not have a clue what to do and would probably let it be for a while, while I got settled but NOW my goodness it would be a dream!!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

crespeto

Well I hope we get to hear more about this tank/setup. I though I was starting out big with the 125gal I'm running now, 2200gal that is just insane. Think I might have to quit my job and try and get work taking reef pics from my living room to support the tank habit I acquired. Tank that size would take days to enjoy just parts of it. Good luck hope it all works out, and for sure, ugly or not, everyone hear will be crying with envy to see the algae cover salt ringed muddy rock looking tank of this size. A pic with someone standing next to the tank would probably best to get some perspective.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
This weekend I was talking to the owner of one of our lfs, he told me they make more profit from tank maintenance then they do from selling at the store and it a nice big store with lots of coral, fish & products.

There are lots of very well off that can afford expensive tank maintenance for lovely tanks and not have to learn much about the hobby ... might be this is the case here and he has decided to go with that option - seems he referred to it early on.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I sent out an email to SFSwimmer making sure he just didn't bail out because of all the doubt people were feeding into the thread.
Hopefully they will respond and we can get this thread back on track. :)
For all we know, they did not close on this house and the tank is still sitting empty :(

REEFMAN1

Has been struck by the ban stick
I sent out an email to SFSwimmer making sure he just didn't bail out because of all the doubt people were feeding into the thread.
Hopefully they will respond and we can get this thread back on track. :)
For all we know, they did not close on this house and the tank is still sitting empty :(

COMMOn, WHAT'S HE LIKE 4 YEARS OLD. Do you send out apologies to everyone who people think is bluffing, lol. I am sure he read this. I am pretty sure he's taken a lot of pics of his new house, so pan over to the tank and upload one. Or maybe it broke.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.