How many of you can still say its a "RSM"

mbdave

What I mean is how far from what you bought is your tank? Mine has a, sump, skimmer, different heater, ph meter, chiller, refugium, etc. etc. etc. I think Glenn is the only one that runs stock that I know off, "I often wonder if he's the only one with patience" Just curious as how many have "modded" their RSM?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Not much left of my orginal tank - the tank, cabinet and 2 circ pumps are all that remains.

TonyV

Only thing left from my original purchase is the tank and the stand. I've sold off everything I've taken off my original RSM.

dmyers557

Mines all modded up. But only because I wanted to do SPS. I think stock is fine for anything else. Of course, its always fun to mod......for me at least.

pocketreef

I consider mine still a RSM but with complementary equipment :p I haven't removed any original things just added 2 pumps on timers, ATO with kalk reactor, chiller and temp controller. It's getting less RS each day, T5 will be all KZ soon :O

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have secret...

confidential secret plan, buy a 130D & see if I a sw newbie could have success with my 1st ever saltwater tank and if so, upgrade to a RSM 250 or even a RSM 500 with the $$$ saved from running my stock 130D.

ps - don't tell anyone my secret
045.gif

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
But mods are part of the fun... if you are a DIYer... a can appreciate everyone enjoying the hobby & adding mods... if I were very good at DIY, I would have done some to, I am sure...

I always enjoy seeing everyones
bek216.gif

dankent

Glenn you make a very good point ... with the money I have put into the 130D alone I could have been in a 250

:ofr:

vubben

New heater (forced, mine was DOA) modified the skimmer cup top and plan on getting a Tunze (forced, noise was making me crazy:verymad: ) Think one of my circulation pumps is defective so that may be another forced mod. Replaced the ceramic tubes with Chemi-Pure. I am still using the stock black sponge! Although I did cut it in half. Other than that its all stock. :)

And I don't even have any livestock yet. Might have to get used to just staring at rocks for a while.

vubben

Glenn you make a very good point ... with the money I have put into the 130D alone I could have been in a 250

But you forget that you would have also modified the 250 and been well on your way to a 500 :)