How about Taptalk for Smartphones

Edison

Hey there Admins!

There's a really nifty plug-in that you can install on Vbulliten that makes browsing forums much easier for those of us that use Android, Blackberry, IPhone and Nokia smartphones.

Here's the skinny from the website:

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to compliment or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin.

Forum owners can download our free plugin to activate Tapatalk.

and you can check out the Taptals site here

Thanks!!!
Ed

ReefLady

Staff member
I plan to add this as soon as I have upgraded us to the latest version of VBulletin. Until then, our version is not compatible with this software.

Sorry. :(

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Edison now that you've mentioned this I've seen SEVERAL posts on other forums (non-reefy . .) with "posted from TapTalk" in their tag lines. It must be more popular than I realized because I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it now I'm seeing it many places.

Jetbkk

Looking forward to the upgrade as I use Tapatalk and it would really be good to have this forum working. Reefcentral is on it :-(

ReefLady

Staff member
Good news! I have now successfully installed tapatalk... going to test it now, let me know if you have any issues!

FYI I have also installed forum runner in case anyone prefers that app.

catran

I kind of like the Taptalk interface better than forum runner guys, although I have a slight delay of notifications from both of them

Aaarrrggg

Is anyone else having problems logging in with TapTalk? I've been coming to this forum for a few months using it, but for the past few weeks it won't let me log in. It says the forum admins have disabled it, or something along those lines. I'm not sure if it's just me or not(?)

The other forums I visit via TapTalk aren't having this problem. Just ReefSanctuary. I miss you guys! :(

steved13

PREMIUM
From what I understand, this forum was hacked by someone using Taptalk, so it has been disabled. I believe Forum Runner still works.

GlassMunky

I have been on this site like 80% less ever since tapatalk was disabled...... i dont feel like paying for ANOTHER app to view a FREE website when i already paid for the first app..... just my feelings on it. i hope the tapatalk gets fixed soon, as i'd love to see the forum while im away from the computer.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm curious of the status of tapatalk too. Any news Travis?

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.