Honorably discharged from the Delta Force and back to the US of A

jubbers

I can't reveal too many details since what I did was strictly covert. But, I can give a "general" statement. I was deployed and waiting some where in Syria waiting for a target to show. I waited two days to take care of target with a high powered rifle. Did not have a good vantage point to do so. I had to leave rifle and finish job with a knife. I stealthily took care of target and retreated. All was good till I left. I set off a land mine and the shrapnel covered my backside. I was unconscious from then till I regained consciousness in a USA hospital. I do not remember anything between then. Anyways, I have been honorably discharged with an injury and PTSD.

Aside from all that I am very glad to be back in the US. It is nice to see green again. I just want some ideas from you all of what I should do now that I am back in the states. Any good places to visit?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
First of all THANK YOU! Sorry for your injury but glad you're home safe n sound! Without you and MANY more like you weIf you want to see green and BEAUTIFUL you should consider coming to Western North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's nothing less than AWESOME here right now! I live just outside of Asheville, NC.

If you're into some really COOL local attractions you can check out

Blue Ridge Parkway

Biltmore House & Gardens

Grandfather Mountain

Lake Junaluska

Linville Caverns

Charlseton SC is a great place to visit. I loved going there a couple years ago.

We went to the Outer Banks (Kill Devil Hills, NC) a couple years ago and had a BLAST! One of our best vacations ever because it was so "laid back" and relaxing. For once we came home from a vacation actually rested and rejuvenated.

I LOVE the Ocean and the Beach! We just got back from Hilton Head SC and it was nothing short of awesome. If you ever get a chance to get back down that way (Just south of Charleston SC) you should check it out. Everything in HH is so different that everyone should experience it for themselves.

Anytime you wanna come this way let me know and I'll help you get all the information you could ever want/need.

quicklynx

Greetings! Welcome home! Check out the rear windshield on my car. I'm planning to try for the 160th in the future, so I'm sure I'll endure some of the pain you felt!

2011-03-07153833.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Welcome home and thanks for servicing!

I googled PTSD & read this one thing... that I though I would repeat here...

Challenge your sense of helplessness
Overcoming your sense of helplessness is key to overcoming post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Trauma leaves you feeling powerless and vulnerable. It’s important to remind yourself that you have strengths and coping skills that can get you through tough times.

In your sig line - I really enjoyed this quote & think it's 100% right on - Fear knocked on the door, faith answered, and there was no one there.

Anyone that served & was honorably discharged from Delta Force - can do anything - here hoping you heal fast & All the Best - you can do anything you want and be successful at it - Faith the Key !!!

jubbers

First of all THANK YOU! Sorry for your injury but glad you're home safe n sound! Without you and MANY more like you weIf you want to see green and BEAUTIFUL you should consider coming to Western North Carolina and the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's nothing less than AWESOME here right now! I live just outside of Asheville, NC.

If you're into some really COOL local attractions you can check out

Blue Ridge Parkway

Biltmore House & Gardens

Grandfather Mountain

Lake Junaluska

Linville Caverns

Charlseton SC is a great place to visit. I loved going there a couple years ago.

We went to the Outer Banks (Kill Devil Hills, NC) a couple years ago and had a BLAST! One of our best vacations ever because it was so "laid back" and relaxing. For once we came home from a vacation actually rested and rejuvenated.

I LOVE the Ocean and the Beach! We just got back from Hilton Head SC and it was nothing short of awesome. If you ever get a chance to get back down that way (Just south of Charleston SC) you should check it out. Everything in HH is so different that everyone should experience it for themselves.

Anytime you wanna come this way let me know and I'll help you get all the information you could ever want/need.

Thank You for all the information. I will check into some of these and hopefully make a visit. I am sure you won't find hot dry sand there!

jubbers

Thats a whole hell of a lot of work! its very interesting what it takes to become part of this delta force.

my brother says is gruelling and takes Years to get there and even then most dont make it that far. i know he didnt lol.

How to Join Delta Force - wikiHow

Don't ever give up! Push him to try again. The wiki how isn't completely accurate. The las part in that really hit the nail on the head however: "Be 110% Eveyday , every second , and in every way." This is very true.

jubbers

Greetings! Welcome home! Check out the rear windshield on my car. I'm planning to try for the 160th in the future, so I'm sure I'll endure some of the pain you felt!

2011-03-07153833.jpg

160th? Looks like you are interested in air born. I was a ground unit/sniper. Most of the time I had to take out my targets in close combat with bare hands or knife. Also, do not go into it with the attitude of "I am sure I will endure the pain you felt." Go into it with a highly motivated and positive attitude. You will be protecting your country and making yourself a stronger man no matter what division of the military you enter. A little optimism will get you a LONG ways!

jubbers

Welcome home and thanks for servicing!

I googled PTSD & read this one thing... that I though I would repeat here...

Challenge your sense of helplessness
Overcoming your sense of helplessness is key to overcoming post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Trauma leaves you feeling powerless and vulnerable. It’s important to remind yourself that you have strengths and coping skills that can get you through tough times.

In your sig line - I really enjoyed this quote & think it's 100% right on - Fear knocked on the door, faith answered, and there was no one there.

Anyone that served & was honorably discharged from Delta Force - can do anything - here hoping you heal fast & All the Best - you can do anything you want and be successful at it - Faith the Key !!!

Glad you liked my quote!
Thank you for the help!
I am actually enrolling into school shortly and I am going to study Psychology! I just need to conquer the five stages of grief to get over the PTSD. I also need to realize most of the fears I am having now are unrealistic and the reality is it did not follow me home. (its back in South West Asia and I need to remember that)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers ! You are very welcome !

and again Thanks for serving - I know I only enjoy freedom, because of the sacrifices of others who have served to help keep this country free !

Jackalope

my question is: why every 2 years you come back to drag up some past: hence this quote i noticed

LOL! ---->Jubbers.... you know where you can go.... Don't get to warm down there."-Triggerjay

plus a few old posts with this TJ person you drug up to the "new post" area for some recognition.

i'll get demoted for this and i really dont mind.

jubbers

love to see the purple heart in uniform as well. that may do the trick =-)

Good Luck! There are plenty of metals to earn. No one really hopes for a Purple Heart since it is due to injury. It is a very honorable medal to have; but, just do not make that your goal. A good goal would be to receive a Medal of Honor.

Jackalope

you were wounded correct? after knifeing a "target", because you didnt have your ... rifle. they would have given you a purple heart...

nuff said by me. sorry i dont buy it. this makes a mockery of true american heros. and this thread is bordeline Political, so im outa here =-)

jubbers

Yes, that is correct I did receive a Purple Heart. I don't understand what you do not "buy" and the "mockery".

QuentinB

you were wounded correct? after knifeing a "target", because you didnt have your ... rifle. they would have given you a purple heart...

nuff said by me. sorry i dont buy it. this makes a mockery of true american heros. and this thread is bordeline Political, so im outa here =-)

I think you're missing something, bud?
"...I set off a land mine and the shrapnel covered my backside..."

I see nothing wrong with his story, in fact, there was more detail than I had expected in there.

Jubbers, thank you for your service and your story. Sorry for your injury, but glad all is well. Enjoy life to it's fullest, man!