Here are a few

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Here are some photos I took tonight.

I think this is a flatworm, is that right, is it a good one or bad one?

IMG_3973copy.jpg

IMG_3977copy.jpg

What kind of pods are these? Isopods?

IMG_4004copy.jpg

IMG_4003copy.jpg

And this is a poor picture, but does anyone have a clue on this?

IMG_3999copy.jpg

IMG_3979copy.jpg

These were all very tiny, so as to be unnoticeable unless your looking for them, the flatworm was the largest, the others looked like dust on the inside of the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
agree with the flatworm id, unable to tell if it's bad or not. Typically they are bad by smothering the corals if the population gets out of hand. I have them in my tank and have suffered no ill effects from them. The pods look to be copepods to me. The last photo, I'm no help, some sort of egg sac?

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well I have to agree, you've got flatworms many are harmless if kept in check and some are bad. No clue which you have. And yup those are pods, pods are pods to me, big, small... And the the last one I've got no clue on. So basically I just repeated what whippetguy said but I mixed the words around.

Doogle

Lol, JJ your funny!
I think they are acoel flatworms they aren't good but aren't really bad either, I think they eat pods and will go away with your pod population. Keep them in check with heavy flow and cleaning/skimming. You can try dipping corals that have lots of them and manual removal before using flatworm exit. I've done the dips and got rid of 99% of visible ones. I was kinda ticked at the guy who gave them to me but they aren't a big deal really.
The pods look like minnud ( spelling ? ) and I think they eat poop so your good there.
I have no stinkin' idea what the last pick is!lol

BLADEYAMAHA

The last one could be some kind of small jellyfish. I've seen something like it before, but I could be wrong.

lbiminiblue

Here are some photos I took tonight.

I think this is a flatworm, is that right, is it a good one or bad one?

IMG_3973copy.jpg

IMG_3977copy.jpg

What kind of pods are these? Isopods?

IMG_4004copy.jpg

IMG_4003copy.jpg

And this is a poor picture, but does anyone have a clue on this?

IMG_3999copy.jpg

IMG_3979copy.jpg

These were all very tiny, so as to be unnoticeable unless your looking for them, the flatworm was the largest, the others looked like dust on the inside of the glass.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
the last looks like a peanut worm

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
+1 Flatworm. +1 Pods...but that last really looks like an egg sack for some kind of snail. Is it free floating, or attached to the glass. If attached, its probably an egg sack. If free floating, NO CLUE.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Well I have to agree, you've got flatworms many are harmless if kept in check and some are bad. No clue which you have. And yup those are pods, pods are pods to me, big, small... And the the last one I've got no clue on. So basically I just repeated what whippetguy said but I mixed the words around.

Haha

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I wouldn't worry to much about the flatworms. I had them all over my tank and they went away on their own and never caused a problem.

Oxylebius

The first looks like flatworms - Amphiscolops - Clear Flatworms - they eat detritus, algae and copepods.
The second are copepods - they eat diatoms and bacteria.
The third looks to be eggs, not sure what type.