Help tank is leaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ok i just got home and i found water on the floor next to my 75 gal fish tank.
its from a brown casing at the bottom. the wood stand is covering most of the leak area so i cant see the damage its done but there was a 2 foot area that got wet
help will be apprecaited.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Get yourself some rubbermaid tubs etc and prepare for temporary housing.

How bad is the problem? Can it be resolved?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
So it is coming from the glass bottom and not a part of the plumbing?
You should prepare to remove all corals and fish ASAP to another tank(s) or large container/bucket. EAch should have a heater and airstone with sponge filter. You can place rocks in each container to aid in nitrification (rock will be coated with 'good' bacteria).

It is a rether slow leak but i have it on hard wood floor. It can wait till the morning to solve. Any ideas on patching the leak. Or should i go to my lfs and tell them that their tank is leaking. I could put caulking on it but i would have to take the whole tank off the stand to do so. and take all of the water out.

panmanmatt

How old is the tank? If it is a new tank I'd take it back and get a replacement. Assuming that the tank itself is leaking and not part of the plumbing.

Just got it 2 months ago. Its not part of the plumbing i can see the leak in the area between the glass and covering its darker then the surronding area. And wheni lift it water comes out.I think i will call the lfs.

if its coming from under your tank between the stand you will probly have to remove the stand, which in that case.. Al's rubbermaid suggestion is the right one... remove the stand and find where the problem is.. and call the LFS.. !!
good luck!

Just came back from lfs and they gave me a new tank i am in the process of chenging tanks. I will give the leaking tank back to them tommorrow. This is going to be a long night.

yeah thanks anyway. Im almost done. I have big grain sand on the bottom of my tank and small grain on the top. So im seperating them. ALmost done. yeah. I may be up to 11 tonight.

ReefLady

Staff member
Ugh - sounds exhausting. BTDT (had a side seam split on a 125g - thank goodness for C-clamps).
Kudos to your LFS. I hope all the livestock comes through okay. Good luck with everything.

One of my chromis is swimming on its side. My goby is freakin out hes probably thinking the sky is falling. I just turned on the filter. Yay its clearing up! I will add the fish later tonight i think. I think my chromis is going to die tonight. Wheni camw home from the lfs with the tank it was hiding under a rock. The filter is on and I am thinking about putting in the live rock.

Ok put the lr inlast night. The one chromis died last night. Last night one of the glass covers was cracked when someone stepped on it. It costs $30 bucks.