Help Picking New Fish plz

OK, ill make a confession... please dont go ballistic on me... my tanks only a 28 gallon... The porc was small enough to fit without any problems, please... the last forum i was on mocked me constantly for it, and i never got any help... Thats why i came to this forum, and why ive never mentioned the size of my tank... I understood that he would get too big...
Anyways, (hoping i still have an ounce of respect on here) what fish would go well in my tank, with a leopard puffer and valentini puffer? Please remember, this is a predator tank. Thanks, all.

lcstorc

Why add another fish?
You obviously already understand that you are overstocked. Why would you want to increase the problem?

No, no. As i stated in another thread, the porc died due to a major ich problem. The hawk and damsel were murdered a bit before that... So, now ive only got 2 fish... the valentini and leopard puffers.

lcstorc

3 fish is too much for a 28. Sorry. I'm not an agressive fish person anyway but I know they are messy so lots of cleaning and water changes are needed.

plecosword

Lynn is right, with aggressive fish, you will need to stick with less. Pluss they are bigger. 3 fish could be your limit only if this is a temporarly tank for them. Most of these fish need bigger tanks like 50 and beyond.

Yes, constant water changes, cleaning up the substrate, etc... i rarely have to clean the substrate, as my fish rarely leave any food uneaten... I hate to disagree with you guys... and i respect your opinions and advice... but there will be additions to this tank. Consider this: many aggressive fish can be found in a reef aquarium of this tank size. (banggai cardinals, some pseudochromis, damsels, hawks, etc.)

lcstorc

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done. Would you like to live in a bathroom with 2 other people? Even ignoring the agressiveness that is basically what you are doing.
I'll leave the thread alone now since I have such a strong opinion.

Amphibious

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done. Would you like to live in a bathroom with 2 other people? Even ignoring the agressiveness that is basically what you are doing.
I'll leave the thread alone now since I have such a strong opinion.
OMG Lynn, that is such a good analogy. I usually use the closet as an example of crowded conditions BUT, from now on I'm following your lead and using the BATHROOM!!!

Some people come here to ask questions, and they already know, ahead of time, that the answer their going to get isn't the answer they want. They are looking for someone to justify their bad behavior. ThePuffLife raised huge red flags for me when he began this post with...
ThePuffLife said:
OK, ill make a confession... please dont go ballistic on me... my tanks only a 28 gallon... The porc was small enough to fit without any problems, please... the last forum i was on mocked me constantly for it, and i never got any help... Thats why i came to this forum, and why ive never mentioned the size of my tank... I understood that he would get too big...
Anyways, (hoping i still have an ounce of respect on here) what fish would go well in my tank, with a leopard puffer and valentini puffer? Please remember, this is a predator tank. Thanks, all.

Realize ThePuffLife, no one here is mocking you, just pointing out what you yourself are saying!

You start with a confession. Then you think buying a juvenile fish is justified because "it fit" into your 28. Then your angry that the other forum responders "mocked me" and you "never got any help". So you came to this forum seeking what, advice?, council??? You want us to "PICK a NEW FISH"??? Why? So if it gets eaten or eats your other fish, you can come back and berate the choice? Sorry!!! The best advice has already been given and I concur completely with it.

However, we all do what we want to do in spite of the best advice given by our peers. So, the best of luck in your decision of a tank mate.

Dick

Yes, thank you for not mocking me, as they did on the other forum. "You should get a shark" "you should get an alligator" "and to think, was gonna get rid of my foxface from my 210 because it was too big; now im gonna get a whole school of them!" "Get a titan trigger!" those were common responses on the other forum.

Frankie

RS STAFF
15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.Romans 7:15; 18-20

Perhaps you misunderstood me: the porc fit in the tank just fine. Not crowded. I was willing to take him back to the lfs when he outgrew the tank. So, i have no regrets.

SeahorseBT

Just beacuse he fit doen't mean he will be happy in a tan that small. I thought you had at least a 100 gallon tank.

You start with a confession. Then you think buying a juvenile fish is justified because "it fit" into your 28. Then your angry that the other forum responders "mocked me" and you "never got any help". So you came to this forum seeking what, advice?, council??? You want us to "PICK a NEW FISH"??? Why? So if it gets eaten or eats your other fish, you can come back and berate the choice? Sorry!!! The best advice has already been given and I concur completely with it.

Dick

Umm... No!!! When have i ever come on here and blamed it on the forum that a fish got killed?????? Never!!!!!! So how dare you say im asking for opinions on a good tankmate just so i can blame it on somone else if they dont get along!!!

Sure, maybe ill get some pics up later, but the camera was zoomed in... But you know, it seems to me that everyone is dwelling on the porc. the porcs gone now, whats done is done, i cant change the fact that i put the porc in the tank. But i dont intend to put another fish of that size in my tank. I will now only put fish in that are within min. tank size, according to live aquaria.

lcstorc

Now I am confused. You original post asked what fish you could put in a 28 with 2 puffers already there. While I agree the puffer that is now dead shouldn't have been there, you said you had 2 more and wanted to add another fish.
Am I missing something here?

rmlevasseur

Puff, this isn't hard to understand. Everyone feels you can't add more fish, especially with aggressive fish. You disagree, which is fine. But the rest of us don't want to assist you in doing what we feel is wrong for the fish.

One thing about this site. We might debate each other over what is "right" or what is "best", but everyone I have come across here will always put the care of the animal first.