Help! I believe it's dinoflagellates!

CoreyM

Just like te intro says. Pics below. From what I'm reading and going through this stuff is not easy to get rid off. Not sure how I even got it. My tank has been running for a year. Last month this started. It's ruining the hobby for me. I can't keep up with manual cleaning like I've had to do only to see it just as bad the next week. I'm on the verge of shutting down my tank because of this. The only thing that helped at all was lights out for 72hrs. That was only a temporary fix as they came ack as strong as ever the next week. Even the green tree in the last picture. Where did tat come from? There were no signs of anything green and tree like before these issues. Any last ditch help to keep my tank going and in a hobby I loved up until now would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

21a508c94bbee08b48e348f9c075b9ed.jpg

bb4aeed7bf7855d540b8408a15ce3bde.jpg

a695e3bafc940fde76b90d7890b0927d.jpg

02118e8d286336ccfc71e75bf950af85.jpg

CoreyM

Thanks for the response nano. Does anyone have any first hand experience in dealing with this? The readings I've done have not been that encouraging. I'm dosing alk and calc. Can anyone tell me the best option for raising my ph and the steps in doing so? I'm no scientist to say the least. And to be honest some of these readings can be a bit confusing.

FCatCH76

Thanks for the response nano. Does anyone have any first hand experience in dealing with this? The readings I've done have not been that encouraging. I'm dosing alk and calc. Can anyone tell me the best option for raising my ph and the steps in doing so? I'm no scientist to say the least. And to be honest some of these readings can be a bit confusing.

The tree is Caulepra- macro algae- kept in check its ok but the low lying branches make it hard to eradicate. Pull it now while you can.

CoreyM

I have pulled it out since the pictures were taken. Took the pictures before I removed it. Keeps growing back. Faster & bigger.

CoreyM

Below is a picture of my torch coral. Before what u see below happened this was my prize coral. Shown the best growth and acted so happy. Now this. I lost 2 heads about 6 months ago. The torch was healthy enough that when open under lights you could not even see the two spots where the heads were dead. The other day I did a clean up of the Dino's that are overtaking the tank and shortly after this was the outcome. I'm not sure if one has to do with the other but it seems weird to me. I don't want to quit this hobby. I love my tank but this is taking over my life. Any and all help is appreciated.
1f5877d80c2dacc21077fd77e292b2bc.jpg