Hello from Florida

fitzpoppa

It says to start her so here i am. My name is James, i live in Florida and am taking on the adventure of my first salt water tank. I had a 120 Gallon tank ready for the beginnings and while moving it the person helping me dropped his end and well. I have about 100 plus pounds of broken glass. So i had to resort to my 55 Gal backup plan. Unfortunately its a slow go to get set up. The start up cost is killing me. I have a refugiom, tank, stand overflow and pumps but it's the sand and rock where I'm having the issue. Base rock is expensive. I was gonna try and use Florida Field stone but not sure if it would work or not. I worry about it contaminating the tank. Any Help and advice is greatly appreciated. Hoping to learn a lot from the forum here. Thank You for taking the time to read my post.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Helloi :wave: and welcome to RS!

I would not, under ANY circumstances use any terrestrial or non "Ocean" items in your tank. Take your time and save the $$ to get the right stuff to begin with and you'll end up money ahead in the long run. I can assure you that short-cuts only come back to bite you in the tail later on.

Good luck and Happy Reefing :)